Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

when Mayorga gave Trinidad a free shot did it change the whole fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• when Mayorga gave Trinidad a free shot did it change the whole fight?

After Mayorga stuck out his chin and gave Trinidad that free shot in the early round he definitely wobbled and got stunned from the punch. After that shot he just didn't seem the same again for the rest of the fight. I always thought it seemed like the shot took a helluva lot outta him.. it landed very sweet and with Trinidad's power.. if Mayorga hadn't let Trinidad hit him wide open like that would Trinidad still KO him or would it be a different fight?
    Trinidad still KOs Mayorga
    100.00%
    Trinidad wins a decision
    0.00%
    Mayorga KOs Trinidad
    0.00%
    Mayorga wins a decision
    0.00%

Originally posted by Fix View Post
    After Mayorga stuck out his chin and gave Trinidad that free shot in the early round he definitely wobbled and got stunned from the punch. After that shot he just didn't seem the same again for the rest of the fight. I always thought it seemed like the shot took a helluva lot outta him.. it landed very sweet and with Trinidad's power.. if Mayorga hadn't let Trinidad hit him wide open like that would Trinidad still KO him or would it be a different fight?
    Trinidad would probably still stop him

Comment

Trinidad still stops him, because mayorga isnt that hard to find. Didnt he give trinidad 2 or 3 free shots in a row and the final one clearly hurt him? If mayorga was in better form then maybe he drops trinidad but trinidad usually got back up, style wise he is always going to make it an easy fight for trinidad, though he had a tremendous chin and trinidad finally had to go to the body to take him out, sort of like Foreman-Chuvalo with foreman going to the body to hurt him.

I think it did stop him from doing that trick later on. When they asked him if he was going to give free shots to DLH he said something like ""I only do that for real men, DLH is a maricon and doesnt deserve it", but everyone really knows its because he got wobbled doing that with trinidad. Though DLH didnt need free shots to land that monster left hook in the first.

Comment

Tito was too good a boxer for Mayorga

Comment

tito woulda knocked out mayorga regardless, easily!

Comment

Tito would have still got the ko, but it came quicker because of that. Tito isn't the kind of fighter you want to pull a Johnny Tapia on.

Comment

Trinidad would have stopped him regardless. But, those free shots cracked Mayorga chin for future opponents.

Comment

That moment in time made me gain a lot of respect for Mayorga, letting an accurate power puncher hit you with a haymaker left hook is insane. Mayorga got stopped because of a body shot, so it wouldn't have made much of a difference. Mayorga got a world-class chin.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                  That moment in time made me gain a lot of respect for Mayorga, letting an accurate power puncher hit you with a haymaker left hook is insane. Mayorga got stopped because of a body shot, so it wouldn't have made much of a difference. Mayorga got a world-class chin.
                  We will seldom see that again in our lifetime (especially in a high-profile fight).

Mayorga was such a crazy fighter. I miss the guy.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                    actually that kind of made him an idiot. He did it against Forrest and it was baddass, doing it against trinidid was just plain dumb!

Comment

Working...
                    X