Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why isn't anyone talking about Donaire trying to take a dump in the ring?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why isn't anyone talking about Donaire trying to take a dump in the ring?

Or was it just me that found that whole incident very odd?

That was surely the strangest act of mocking an opponent I think I've ever seen. Standing in front of him and looking constipated. I thought it would be a big topic of conversation in NSB and there would be gif after gif floating around....

Usually when I think of someone mocking another opponent or trying to get under their skin, it's with rather more style; think Morales against Pac mocking his throwing the arms up in the air gesture or Barrera slamming Hamed's head into the ring post (a great personal favourite of mine, and not so much a taunt but just a great move that Hamed had coming for a long time), Hatton saying to the ref "Are you trying to **** me over?" and then pointedly offering up his arse or Calzaghe showing who the 'lion' in that pair was, so to speak, when Hopkins was flopping about on the ground so I was rather baffled to see Donaire's choice of taunt.

I've always thought that actually trying to take a dump in the ring was more likely to make you look like a dick instead of the opponent. Each to his own I guess.....

There is a thread requesting a gif of that move describing it as a sumo wrestler imitation as a opposed to a constipation dodo move.

I am not to much of a fan of his showboating either. Weird taunting move.

Comment

Working...
    X