No announcement yet.

The best free boxing training site

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The best free boxing training site

Most of the questions you guys ask about training and nutrition are answered on rossboxing.com -- which is without a doubt the most reliable and intelligent boxing site around. Ross knows his stuff and shares his knowledge very freely.

Ross has a great site and Ive learned a lot there, its currently down due to switching servers but will be back up soon.

Comment

id say any one that knows how to use the search feature can find much more and much better information here in the forum.

and by better and more i mean information from multiple sources and people debating different practices instead of just one guy named ross sharing his opinion and others opinions on nutrition and fitness while never having actually done anything as far as a boxing career.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus Sully View Post
        id say any one that knows how to use the search feature can find much more and much better information here in the forum.

and by better and more i mean information from multiple sources and people debating different practices instead of just one guy named ross sharing his opinion and others opinions on nutrition and fitness while never having actually done anything as far as a boxing career.
        Wat.

Ross is a former amateur boxer, which right there puts him above 75% of the population of this forum.

He's a published author with well-respected, peer reviewed books.

He currently trains professional fighters full-time, one or more of which have recently challenged for world titles.

Not only does he post his "opinions," he posts exhaustive sources and links, guides for making/finding training gear/resources.

Plus, if you use the search feature over on his forum you'll find information from people who are on average more knowledgeable than the ones I've seen over here.

I'd take a look over there and see for yourself before you write it off. You're one of the better posters over here, and over there you'd find a lot more guys like yourself who actually have somewhat of an idea what they're talking about.

In my humble opinion, RossTraining>ESB>boxingscene.
        Last edited by killsomething; 04-16-2011, 09:40 AM.

Comment

Here's a few articles from RossBoxing that I like:

On Supplements: http://www.rosstraining.com/supplements.html

On Balance (not written by Ross):http://rossboxing.com/thegym/thegym8.htm

On Strength Training, with sources: http://www.rosstraining.com/articles...htraining.html

On Mindset: http://rossboxing.com/thegym/thegym9.htm

That's all I've got for now, RossTraining is down until next week due to a server switch. But as far as I'm concerned, anyone who would reject that site due to satisfaction with this one is just wrong.

Comment

then have fun over there, personally Ive spent hours looking over the main sites articles strength and conditioning for boxing and the like, found most of it agreeable lots of stuff about training and nutrition...but not much about boxing, granted i havent really spent time going through his forums and he might have threads like the boxing and street fighting thread (for example) where real amateur boxers ask questions about styles how to counter styles how effective certain styles are ect ect.

maybe once his servers are up ill give it a look.

personally id put esb and boxing scene above ross boxing as far as learning about boxing. if you want to learn about how to get in better shape then rossboxing might be the place if I want to learn more about the mental aspect how to fight how to think id rather go here or some other actual boxing forum.

Comment

then have fun over there, personally Ive spent hours looking over the main sites articles strength and conditioning for boxing and the like, found most of it agreeable lots of stuff about training and nutrition...but not much about boxing, granted i havent really spent time going through his forums and he might have threads like the boxing and street fighting thread (for example) where real amateur boxers ask questions about styles how to counter styles how effective certain styles are ect ect.

maybe once his servers are up ill give it a look.

personally id put esb and boxing scene above ross boxing as far as learning about boxing. if you want to learn about how to get in better shape then rossboxing might be the place if I want to learn more about the mental aspect how to fight how to think id rather go here or some other actual boxing forum.
              Yeah, the forums do have a boxing talk section (pro fights) and boxing training section, along with an mma talk section and an mma training section. And a nutrition/supplementation section and a strength and conditioning section.

All the stuff you'd see here, fight videos, questions, etc. A number of good coaches and fighters, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by killsomething View Post
                Yeah, the forums do have a boxing talk section (pro fights) and boxing training section, along with an mma talk section and an mma training section. And a nutrition/supplementation section and a strength and conditioning section.

All the stuff you'd see here, fight videos, questions, etc. A number of good coaches and fighters, etc.
                bummer i cant check it out, how long have the servers been down?

Comment

bummer i cant check it out, how long have the servers been down?
                  At least a week, maybe more, maybe less. Can't say, I drink a lot.

Comment

expertboxing.com is also a very good website which deals a lot more with the technical side of boxing drills, skills, counters that boxers should know.

Comment

Working...
                    X