No announcement yet.

Pacquiao Leaves Home To Train in US for Marquez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pacquiao Leaves Home To Train in US for Marquez

I wanna share this with you guys...Pacman is on his way to L.A. to care care of business.

-----------------------------

Pacquiao says he’ll take care of Marquez
    Manila Bulletin, Dec. 9, 2005
    By nick giongco

BY THE time Manny Pacquiao reports for training at the Wild Card Boxing Club in Hollywood on Tuesday (Monday in the US), there would only be a little over 40 days to get him in razor-sharp form for the rematch with Juan Manuel Marquez set Feb. 26 in glitzy Las Vegas.

A few days before he jumps into the ring, Pacquiao would already tapering off in his training, meaning the week prior to the actual bout, he’d no longer be doing heavy workout.

While Marquez has already stepped up in his preparation, Pacquiao has yet to begin serious work and this has alarmed several boxing personalities in the country.

But Pacquiao believes he can get the job done because he has Marquez’s number.

"Huwag kayong mag-alala. Ako ang bahala", ("Don't worry I will take care of things") said Pacquiao before boarding the Philippine Airlines jet bound for Los Angeles last night. He was joined in the trip by training assistant Buboy Fernandez, who is going to look after him day in and day out.

When they locked horns last year at the MGM Grand, Pacquiao sent Marquez down thrice in the first round but the Mexican miraculously survived the onslaught and managed to hold the Filipino southpaw to a 12-round split draw. Pacquiao remains confident of knocking the World Boxing Association and International Boxing Federation featherweight crowns off Marquez’s head.

Trainer Freddie Roach has said many times that Pacquiao is one of the most hardworking people in his gym on Vine St. in Hollywood.

"He event wants to work out on Sundays," said Roach, who was in the country last year when Pacquiao fought Thailand’s Fahsan 3K Battery.

The MGM Grand is the front-runner to host the rematch, although the all-suites Mandalay Bay also on the famed Strip, which is nearby the MGM, is also in the running, according to Pacquiao’s business manager, Rod Nazario.
    Last edited by JaNnO; 01-08-2005, 06:11 PM.

There is a news going around that Feb. 26 is also the fight date for cotto/corley, and that Pacman/JMM2 will be in the same card. Problem is Top Rank is now scouting for a venue in Puerto Rico and if the fight will be held in Puerto Rico, Pacman/JMM2 may not be included in the card. Many fight fans, including myself, are now confused because Feb.26 is reserved for Pacman against JMM or any fighter acceptable to HBO. And to further complicate the situation, when you check the boxing sched at HBO, it only shows the January fight sched.

Comment

wow December 9th 2005!!!

Comment

Originally posted by .::|ULTIMATE|::.
        wow December 9th 2005!!!
        WOW TOO ...

Janno please check your date, is this the latest new from the PI my friend???

oh well at least I will see PAC-JMM 2 in 48 days, can't wait for Feb 26 ...

Comment

Originally posted by .::|ULTIMATE|::.
          wow December 9th 2005!!!
          I just checked the source it's January 9, 2005 mi amigo ...

Comment

Originally posted by jomapac
            WOW TOO ...

Janno please check your date, is this the latest new from the PI my friend???

oh well at least I will see PAC-JMM 2 in 48 days, can't wait for Feb 26 ...
            it's jan 9, 2005...i just typed it in and it was a typo on my paer...sorry for the confusion.

Comment

Finally, He gets here. He is still in shape, he still have those rock hard abs, he did not get fat at all.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingAnalyst
                Finally, He gets here. He is still in shape, he still have those rock hard abs, he did not get fat at all.
                when & where did you see him?

Comment

he starts training today..for morales

Comment

Originally posted by tyte3
                    he starts training today..for morales

Yeah right, he is npw training for Morales, the best thing that could happen for Pac. And sorry for JMM this is the worst that could happen to his career, that DAMN CHICKEN ****!

Comment

Working...
                    X