No announcement yet.

Comeback George Foreman = GOAT

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comeback George Foreman = GOAT

I never saw the fights where he lost so this post is half for educational feedback.

Also, if you disagree, Foreman said he was too concerned with his public image and marketing to take advantage of his true strength during his last comeback. If you don't think comeback George was all that great but are willing to entertain the idea, imagine him with considerably more aggression. Then he's GOAT.

Oh, and this thread is not at all a joke. Comeback George might be my favorite fighter ever, and he was great.

Originally posted by Kinetic Linking View Post
    I never saw the fights where he lost so this post is half for educational feedback.

Also, if you disagree, Foreman said he was too concerned with his public image and marketing to take advantage of his true strength during his last comeback. If you don't think comeback George was all that great but are willing to entertain the idea, imagine him with considerably more aggression. Then he's GOAT.

Oh, and this thread is not at all a joke. Comeback George might be my favorite fighter ever, and he was great.

I have so much on Comeback George, I have news articles and mags of his entire comeback plus most of the fights.

Ofcourse Comeback George Was Great, He was considered a joke for a long time, but when he got in the ring with a PRIME Evander Holyfield all that changed. He took Holyfields Best shots and kept coming, He Hurt Evander many times, By the 12th round Evander was holding onto George like his life depended on it.

After this fight there were no more jokes about Big George. Tommy Morrison spent the first couple of Rounds landing his best shots, once he relised he cant hurt George he began to Run....Shannon Briggs also ran from George, it was funny to watch Big Power punches move around the ring.

Briggs ran from George But stood toe to toe with Lennox Lewis, That gives you an idea of Foremans Power.

ROOSTER

Comment

I was always impressed by old Foreman's durability. It's as if he was a completely different fighter from what he used to be. In most of his big fights, he would start coming on late unlike his former self who would tire.

Unfortunately he was way too slow due to his age compared to most heavyweights and couldn't always pull the trigger.

Comment

Young George used to fight real tense and was always in a rush to get his opponents out of there. As a result, he tired quickly.
        Old George used to be very relaxed in the ring and his stamina was great as a result and never knocked down during his comeback.

Pity you can't put comeback George's brain into young George's body.

Comment

Comeback George would walk through some serious bombs. He was very deceptively quick and knew when and where to throw that big right.

Comment

An odd thread when you consider that GF made THE greatest come back in the sports history... Someone name someone who betters it??

Comment

Originally posted by mickey malone View Post
              An odd thread when you consider that GF made THE greatest come back in the sports history... Someone name someone who betters it??
              Rocky Balboa!

Comment

Willie Pep

Comment

Originally posted by Tengoshi View Post
                  Willie Pep
                  I wouldn't say so.. Pep returned after a 6 year lay off, where as Foremans retirement lasted 10 years.. Foreman also reclaimed a championship belt, where as Pep had 10 fights (I think all wins) but no belts..

Comment

I wouldn't say so.. Pep returned after a 6 year lay off, where as Foremans retirement lasted 10 years.. Foreman also reclaimed a championship belt, where as Pep had 10 fights (I think all wins) but no belts..
                    I believe he meant Pep coming back to defend his title and win it back again after the plane crash which should have by all means ended his career.

Other candidates:

Robinson coming back after 3 years in retirement to win the middleweight title back 3 times in his late 30's.

Leonard coming back to defeat Hagler.

Ali being allowed to box again after 3 years in exile, winning the title from a prime George Foreman at 32.

Lesser known ones:

Vinny Pazienza getting an unlikely super middleweight title shot after breaking his neck in a car accident.

Cleveland Williams getting a shot at the heavyweight title after nearly dying and starving down to 140 lbs from being shot to the stomach by a police officer.
                    Last edited by TheGreatA; 07-11-2009, 03:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X