Power down low!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power down low!

Hey guys,
    Im real curious as to what kind of leg workouts are common in the martial arts department. Im used to doing all of the common football leg work, squats, cleans, deadlifts, str. leg deadlifts stuff like that. Im having alot of problems with my flexability and im wondering if the workout could be part of my problem, my hips just arent as flexible as i would like.
    Any help is appreciated.
    -Z-
    :devil

flexability problems...

STRETCH!! YOGA!!

often! before and after every work out and sometimes just take an hour and stretch/

Comment

I believe Ben hit the spot. Do stretches, lifting doesn't have anything to do with that. Seriously, stretch about 10 minutes before workout, and then about 10 minutes afterwards. During the day, if you have the spare time, definately take the time and stetch, a good 30 mins to an hour of stretching a day does wonders for your flexibility. As for leg workouts for martial arts- the same applies. Squats is the main, the do assistance training, Straight leg deadlifts (Standard Deadlifts focuses more on your lower back than legs, but yes it pretty much works the whole body, i believe 21 muscles), Front Squat, box squat, etc etc. You can always do the leg curls, leg extentions and leg presses, but i would stick with free weights

Comment

Thanks,
        I guess I'll be stretching more.
        -Z-

Comment

Tom is the man! MAD details. Thanks!

Comment

What part pf Missouri ya from, Z-bar?

Comment

This is good leg work out
              Get a body Bar - i like to used the 18 lb. bar
              start holding the bar with both hands behind your neck - squat down and jump up raising the bar as high in the air as you can and when you come down bring the bar to your chest and then continue doing this alternating from your chest to behind your neck every time you jump

Dont forget to do lunges and mountain climbers

Also just working the footwork for a double leg takedown will give you a good leg workout

Comment

Hey curly,
                Im from Columbia. You from around Their.
                -Z-

Comment

Working...
                X