Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I feel disappointed with myself/should i go gym today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I feel disappointed with myself/should i go gym today?

Well i feel really disappointed with myself today because i cudnet do my 4-5mile run and i only did 3 miles.
    I have a new training routine now, where i run everyday and i run 5 times a week three times i run 3 miles and 2 times i run 4-5miles so today was my 2nd time to run 4-5miles.
    I always go to the gym everyday boxing for 1 hour pad,spar,bags etc.. then i do 1 hour or 45 mins of wieghts then exercises dips/pull ups etc.. and on the weekends i do swimming.
    This is a new routine i started this week because i am going away phase 1 training for the army so i want to be real fit.
    Yesturday i did my 3 mile run but for some reason my eyes were going funny on me i thought it was just the sweat in my eyes that was making my eyes blurry but then i rubbed them and my eyes were still going blurry as if i was dazed first time thats happened to me which was kinda scary for me at the time it went about 10 seconds later.
    So today my legs felt stiff / tense before my run so i did a lil stretch but they still were so i thought i could just do the run anyway without any problems big mistake i was literally draggin myself in the run never stopping and i could only do 3 miles.
    I thought of trinidad and gatti the heart they have so i kept going thinking of them two but i seriously was at a low point mentally my legs were jelly.
    Could it be the fact my gf kept me up at 1am last night and i got up at 10am? or is it something im not eating? i eat pasta,rice,tuna,cereal,fish,chicken,mutton.
    Im 57KG by the way and should i go gym today? or give myself a break?
    Last edited by sterling; 06-20-2008, 02:34 PM.

ok im over my disappointed mood im going to go gym and train

Comment

Man thats a tough training schedule, sounds to me you seriously risk overtraining and could be setting yourself up for injury! Especially if you go to the gym everyday and include 1 hour of weights each day. Even many bodybuilders dont do that, most rest 2 or more days a week for recovery and growth. What sort of weight routine are you doing? Anyway I guess if you feel this way of training is working for you keep it up. what does your trainer say?

Comment

i feel pretty disappointed my self, im addicted to working out but i have to get my rest. haven't gone to the gym in 3 days but i do need the rest, i know i over train, im stubborn like that but with a few days rest i come back harder than ever.

Comment

Is that a typo? 3 times a day you run?

If not then damn dude give yourself a break. Running shouldnt affect your skill training, its a supplement to your gym work. Your training to box not run a marathon and your training should reflect that. Youd get far more from a few extra sparring rounds or extra handpad rounds.

I was running 5 miles and/or doing intense conditioning everyday along with my skillwork and calisthenics and after a while it was obvious I was overtraining cuz I was getting weaker and didnt have the same energy or drive to actually train, I was just barely squeeking by. But I changed it up, I now only run 3 times a week (I run hard), skill train 4 times a week and since I still feel the need to train more I do handspeed drills just to keep my motivation at bay. Since cutting back I gained alot of strength and can train more intensely than before (not more). I now rest for 2 days a week. REST IS PART OF YOUR TRAINING TOO!

Comment

damn ur 1 tough mofo

Comment

Originally posted by Landon S View Post
              Is that a typo? 3 times a day you run?

If not then damn dude give yourself a break. Running shouldnt affect your skill training, its a supplement to your gym work. Your training to box not run a marathon and your training should reflect that. Youd get far more from a few extra sparring rounds or extra handpad rounds.

I was running 5 miles and/or doing intense conditioning everyday along with my skillwork and calisthenics and after a while it was obvious I was overtraining cuz I was getting weaker and didnt have the same energy or drive to actually train, I was just barely squeeking by. But I changed it up, I now only run 3 times a week (I run hard), skill train 4 times a week and since I still feel the need to train more I do handspeed drills just to keep my motivation at bay. Since cutting back I gained alot of strength and can train more intensely than before (not more). I now rest for 2 days a week. REST IS PART OF YOUR TRAINING TOO!
              Sorry it was a typo i corrected it what i ment to say is i run 5 days a week and i run 3 days 3 miles then i run 4-5 miles 2 days.
              I found out what my problem was it was lack of sugar/water i was dehydrating myself without knowing it.
              So my eyes kept going blurry because of my lack of sugar and water now that i have eaten a chocolate bar and redbull i feeel great!
              Yeh im going to rest this weekend but if i feel up to it im going to go for a little swim on saturday.
              I know i need to rest myself today i did 1 hour boxing then about hour of wieghts/exercises pull ups etc...
              My trainer doesnt know my routine i havnet told him but i think he will tell me to cut back also because hes a honest guy.
              So because i learnt a lesson of burning to much energy that i dont have basically i didnt have the energy to do all this training but i still did it then i suffered after effects blurried eyes and sore muscles.
              i can see a big injury coming soon so i will rest take a few days off.
              I wudnet even of known what was happening to me if it werent for my good old mummy thank god i went to my mums again or i would of seriously injuried myself.

Comment

Honestly its all up to you how much you want to train but if you feeling tired all the time, your probably over training. Make sure your eating enough and getting enough sleep to compensate for all the work. Proper nutrition and sleep are ESSENTIAL ! Keep up the work .

Comment

just relax dude i havn't even boxed for a very long time because im a complete ****ing pothead with no motivation for ****. On a side note sterling, yeah those asses are very fine but honestly dude ur always looking at asses that have had THOUSANDS of cocks in there...

Comment

Originally posted by bluehefner View Post
                    damn ur 1 tough mofo
                    thx man i need to get some more sleep and more sugar/water in my diet too.

Comment

Working...
                    X