Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Rigo beats Flash would he be the FASTEST rising BOXER of all time??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RicDaRula View Post
    why are you equating age as a factor?? im talking experience in PRO fights...
    Well according to the Merriam-Webster dictionary, a "rising star" is: a person or thing that is growing quickly in popularity or importance in a particular field.

I dont believe a 32 year old fighter with 11 pro fights who doesnt speak a lick of English is anywhere near becoming a rising star in the sport of boxing in America. Just my humble opinion...

Comment

f#ck no.

i was very young for oscar's rise to the top, but the kid was put on the fast track.

he had bonafide star power. he's a unique snowflake, though.

he won olympic gold. was mexican american. and groups of women would buy tickets to his fights, with no men.

ray leonard almost quit boxing after the olympics. he debuted for the biggest debut prize of all time, and was a household name before he even turned pro.

so no. rigo is hardly even a star.

he'd be a hell of a quick learner, though. and he'd be bloody good / accomplished for having only 12 fights.

Comment

why are you equating age as a factor?? im talking experience in PRO fights...
        Also, Id go as far as to say in the span of the last 2 years, Adrien Broner is more of a rising star when comparing his career path to Rigo's. Would you not agree?

Comment

hes one of the if not the most decorated amateur of all time
          sooo...no
          it was expected

Comment

Originally posted by Ve Ri Tas View Post
            Well according to the Merriam-Webster dictionary, a "rising star" is: a person or thing that is growing quickly in popularity or importance in a particular field.

I dont believe a 32 year old fighter with 11 pro fights who doesnt speak a lick of English is anywhere near becoming a rising star in the sport of boxing in America. Just my humble opinion...
            I can go so many different ways here but ok let me just go here...

Boxing is a GLOBAL sport...speaking english isn't a pre-req to become a star...

Comment

Originally posted by Ve Ri Tas View Post
              Also, Id go as far as to say in the span of the last 2 years, Adrien Broner is more of a rising star when comparing his career path to Rigo's. Would you not agree?
              now there we can agree....

Comment

I can go so many different ways here but ok let me just go here...

Boxing is a GLOBAL sport...speaking english isn't a pre-req to become a star...
                Rigo isnt or wouldnt be a star anywhere on earth other then Cuba, and im not even sure about that

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                  Rigo isnt or wouldnt be a star anywhere on earth other then Cuba, and im not even sure about that
                  care to state why?

Comment

care to state why?
                    Its obvious why

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                      Its obvious why
                      ok since you avoid that question let me ask you this....please define what being a star in boxing means to you...

Comment

Working...
                      X