• Show
Clear All

• The Hours
    8/10
    great casts and acting
    nicole kidman looks different here

Comment

• as good as it gets

how can a film with a lead character being a misanthrope and an ob-oc become an ATG rom-com?

james brooks and jack nicholson are geniuses thats why!

if you haven't watched this yet... then folks, you MUST...

Comment

• Argo.

Thought it would be good, but it was way better than i expected. Great film. Amazing its a true story.
        Havent felt so tense watching a film in a long time.
        The makers did an amazing job recreating some of the real events so accurately.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Noose View Post
          Argo.

Thought it would be good, but it was way better than i expected. Great film. Amazing its a true story.
          Havent felt so tense watching a film in a long time.
          The makers did an amazing job recreating some of the real events so accurately.
          Well its based on a true story yes, but its full of inacuracies from what I've been told. Still looking forward to watching it though. Affleck is on a roll as a director, his last few films have been quality, I never thought he had it in him.

Comment

• Silver Linings Playbook

My Rating: 8.3

Talk about giving the romantic comedy genre some much needed credibility in today's cinematic world. The performances in this film are all top notch. Bradley Cooper, a guy I was never sold on, gives a tremendous performance as a former teacher freshly released from a mental institution. Jennifer Lawrence (Hunger Game's chick) co-stars as a troubled girl crossing paths with Cooper. Robert De'Niro is in this, I don't think we need to discuss how good he is (dude is an acting God). Chris Tucker also does a small role, why isn't this guy in more shit? He's fucking awesome, hope this is a sign he's returning to more movies. Since this is a boxing site, I must also note that David O. Russell directed this, same dude who did The Fighter. Guy is really in a role, I was really impressed with this film, and I wasn't even expecting much from it. Good crowd reaction at the theater I was at, people were really immersed in this simple, yet soulful film. So yeah, go watch this movie, take your woman, you'll both love it.

The Prestige

My Rating: 9.6

Ok, that's a ridiculously high rating, I know. This is one of my favorite films of all time, and I watched it recently for like the 5th time, and I just keep falling in love with the film after every time. Two rival magicians, Christian Bale VS Hugh Jackman; both obsessed with outdoing one another. Nikola Tesla is in this! Christopher Nolan directed this. Twists at every corner. Victorian era movie.

Need I say more? Oh yeah, did I mention Nikola frickin' Tesla is portrayed in the movie?
            Last edited by _original_; 01-28-2013, 05:30 PM.

Comment

• 500 days of summer.

10/10

ending that would truly make you smile unlike the rest of hollywood bullsht

Comment

• Originally posted by KING MEAT View Post
                500 days of summer.

10/10

One of the few so called chick flicks I can actually watch, and its areally good film in its own right.

Comment

• I watched the documentary 'West of Memphis' recently, and would seriously recommend it. Especially if you're familiar with the case.

Comment

• Life of Pi was very entertaining.

Comment

• Originally posted by KING MEAT View Post
                      500 days of summer.

10/10

Great film. JGL is a beast.

Comment

Working...
                      X