Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Matthysse/Maidana/Rios - Who hits harder?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think there's any real difference. Maybe Maidana hits harder than the other two, maybe.

Comment

first off all of them are heavy punchers

but for pure one punch concussive power Maidana probably has the hardest single punch

Matthysse and Rios break you down over the course of a fight

whoever said Matthysse's power is overrated I question their thoughts as to why they feel that way.

only person to drop Alexander and that now includes arguably the hardest puncher p4p in Bailey

first and only person to drop Olusegun

first and only person to drop Soto. Soto's team advised that he had never been hit that hard before

Comment

Originally posted by Eaner0919 View Post
        first off all of them are heavy punchers

but for pure one punch concussive power Maidana probably has the hardest single punch

Matthysse and Rios break you down over the course of a fight

whoever said Matthysse's power is overrated I question their thoughts as to why they feel that way.

only person to drop Alexander and that now includes arguably the hardest puncher p4p in Bailey

first and only person to drop Olusegun

first and only person to drop Soto. Soto's team advised that he had never been hit that hard before

i'll begin by saying that you've got one of the best radio programs in all of sport, and not just boxing. i appreciate all the hard work you guys must put in to put those shows together each week. i can imagine it being a nightmare at times

i've said mathysse's power is overrated, and i stand by it. it's more of an evaluation of other's estimates of his power than me detracting from his punch. he can punch well, and with either hand. he's just not as good as what i believe most people think. he his ajose with everything he had for many rounds. he hit him up close with the left hook to the liver and head, and he hit him at full extension with the right hand. it took him many rounds to break him down, nevermind get him going. soto has been in wars for a long time now, and he's a markedly smaller man than mathysse. until that final sequence, soto was acutally making a decent showing of himself, and was taking punches and combinations without showing the effects. that was actually an entertaining scrap.

now, mathysse has more going for him. as you said, alexander respected that pop, even more than he respected maidana's, but that was at 140, and alexander's footspeed gave maidana more issues than it gave mathysse, who could keep up. judah respected it, and he's gone rounds with the best of them. and he beat up chop chop corley something awful. he just kept dropping him.

i was at the bailey fight, and bailey did virtually nothing, certainly not enough to validate alexander's chin.

mathysse is a good puncher. so is rios. i just feel that they're both overrated in terms of the power in their punches, as people consider them one punch knockout guys, which they arent.

maidana has one punch power in either hand.
        Last edited by New England; 10-24-2012, 05:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RIZO24 View Post
          Maidana, Rios, Matthyse
          this is how i have it

Comment

Miadana......

Comment

Maidana.. .Mattysse... Rios

Maidana has a bomb in his right hand. And every punch he throws he throws with deadly intent. Its his intent of sheer relentlessness and aggression paired with his ability to leverage a punch that nets him top honors.

Mattysse is more methodical but has nice power. He's not a throw everything but the kitchen sink type, he tries to find an opening, and capitalizes well off of some nice simple punches, timed right and thrown with great authority.

Rios is relentless, and has a mountain of heart, but he must throw more than either man would above to get his man out of there. His leverage isn't as good as Maidana's and his methodical opportunism pales to Mattysse's. This puts him in a respectable third. All these fighters are people's champions in my eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Syf View Post
                Maidana.. .Mattysse... Rios

Maidana has a bomb in his right hand. And every punch he throws he throws with deadly intent. Its his intent of sheer relentlessness and aggression paired with his ability to leverage a punch that nets him top honors.

Mattysse is more methodical but has nice power. He's not a throw everything but the kitchen sink type, he tries to find an opening, and capitalizes well off of some nice simple punches, timed right and thrown with great authority.

Rios is relentless, and has a mountain of heart, but he must throw more than either man would above to get his man out of there. His leverage isn't as good as Maidana's and his methodical opportunism pales to Mattysse's. This puts him in a respectable third. All these fighters are people's champions in my eyes.
                on point, as always.

Comment

I would say Maidana carries the most single shot power, and between Rios and Matthyse, I reckon Matthyse has more power. Rios is an absolutely relentless pressure fighter when at his best and also carries a pretty good dig himself and his approach reminds me a bit of Ray Mancini.

1. Maidana
                  2. Matthyse
                  3. Rios

Thats my order anyway.

Comment

Ask Demarcus Corley - who fought Mathhysse and Maidana. Maybe if they all hit a pad once and measured the blow Maidana could be at the top, who knows/cares, but Matthysse is the biggest killer of the 3 and then Rios. I think Maidana has seen his best days. he's a bit shot.

Comment

Matthysse hits much harder than the other two

Comment

Working...
                      X