No announcement yet.

Canelo groupies

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by buddyguns View Post
    It's no secret that I'm not the biggest fan of Canelo's. I think he's a poor mans Mayweather and boxing deserves a better superstar. But last night I had the honor of sitting next to two Canadians at the fight that spent most of their time debating who wanted to **** Canelo more. After listening to their less than articulated debate, I'd say that the dude wanted to choke on Canelo's burrito more than the chick.

Canelo is only a star because women want to **** him. And now we're at the point where dudes want to **** him too. It's a sad day for boxing.
    What are you even talking about?

Canelo is great for boxing. He is the face of boxing because he has the best resume in boxing (besides Manny who is at best a part-time fighter).

Sure Canelo has had some close calls (Lara, GGG1), but he continues to fight the best available opponents and wins...sometimes in spectacular fashion.

There is no other fighter equipped to handle the spotlight today. Terrence Crawford has the tools, but he needs more personality. Same goes for Loma. They are the only 2 fighters - in the whole world - who have better skills than Canelo.

Canelo is PFP #3 and he moves up and down weight classes...like a BOSS.

Comment

When the TS celebrates a victory of a fighter he's a fan of, he's being a pure fight fan.

There are turds floating in my bowl, right now, with more sense than that.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
        Casuals love winners. Let them have their moment.
        Does this make everyone a casual ?!?!?

Comment

Boxing fans are the worst fans in the world, this is the only forum where I can say that. MLB, NBA, NFL, Soccer, Hockey...you will never see worse sports fans than in boxing.

You have a legitimate great boxer in Canelo, whether you like him or not, he's always in competitive fights against the best fighters in the world. But some boxing fans are sour, salty about him.

Mike Trout is like the best baseball player in the world, he is loved by almost every fan of baseball, maybe he has a few haters (like Canelo), but most fans admit he's really, really good. An elite baseball player.

Well, not in boxing. Some boxing fans do not like to admit when a fighter is actually good. Canelo's defense and offense are both elite and people still hate on him just to be contrarians or want to seem like they're too smart for TV. Like they know it all. When in reality Canelo has already fought the best available to him in his time, when the fans wanted it: Trout, Mayweather, Lara, Cotto, Golovkin, Jacobs.

Canelo Alvarez is the fighter every salty ass boxing fan has been craving for, he's right in their face, a power puncher who faces all challenges. And they still complain about him.

Comment

Originally posted by Bjl12 View Post
            What are you even talking about?

Canelo is great for boxing. He is the face of boxing because he has the best resume in boxing (besides Manny who is at best a part-time fighter).

Sure Canelo has had some close calls (Lara, GGG1), but he continues to fight the best available opponents and wins...sometimes in spectacular fashion.

There is no other fighter equipped to handle the spotlight today. Terrence Crawford has the tools, but he needs more personality. Same goes for Loma. They are the only 2 fighters - in the whole world - who have better skills than Canelo.

Canelo is PFP #3 and he moves up and down weight classes...like a BOSS.
            He's a great boxer with a granite chin for sure. But the controversial decisions are bad for boxing. Vegas was buzzing for the Canelo vs. GGG fight. And then post fight, this town was deflated by that bull****. There's a reason why everyone outside of boxing circles walks around saying that all fights are fixed.

I believe that there's no argument that he won the rematch. But the damage had already been done with the first fight's verdict.

All I know is the fight last night didn't sell out. Those were decent priced tickets against a quality opponent on Cinco weekend. A Middleweight Unification can't sell out in Vegas? Nope, people are just sick of the decisions out here.

That's why I say boxing needs a better superstar.

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
              Does this make everyone a casual ?!?!?
              Did you read "d*ck riders" part? (better question, did you understand it?)
              They hop from fighter to fighter. They tend to be casuals who like certain fighters but don't really get the science, nor do they make much effort. 90% of the ones praising him were mocking him when they thought GG was the man. If you wanna go to bat for these guys who cheerlead for whoever the biggest winner is, you go right ahead and don't let me hurt your feelings.

Comment

Originally posted by buddyguns View Post
                It's no secret that I'm not the biggest fan of Canelo's. I think he's a poor mans Mayweather and boxing deserves a better superstar. But last night I had the honor of sitting next to two Canadians at the fight that spent most of their time debating who wanted to **** Canelo more. After listening to their less than articulated debate, I'd say that the dude wanted to choke on Canelo's burrito more than the chick.

Canelo is only a star because women want to **** him. And now we're at the point where dudes want to **** him too. It's a sad day for boxing.
                Casuals love winners. Let them have their moment.
                Did you read "d*ck riders" part? (better question, did you understand it?)
                They hop from fighter to fighter. They tend to be casuals who like certain fighters but don't really get the science, nor do they make much effort. 90% of the ones praising him were mocking him when they thought GG was the man. If you wanna go to bat for these guys who cheerlead for whoever the biggest winner is, you go right ahead and don't let me hurt your feelings.
                TS entire premise for this thread is to declare how much of a NON NELO FAN he is (no secret).

You took him to be a true FIGHT FAN. So I'll ask again. Are fans of winners dick riders or it matters on WHO WINS ?!?!?!?

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                  Canelo Alvarez is the fighter every salty ass boxing fan has been craving for, he's right in their face, a power puncher who faces all challenges. And they still complain about him.
                  There is a lot to like about Canelo. A lot. But he isn't the fighter that every salty ass boxing fan has been craving for. He ticks a lot of the boxes, but there are also undeniable things missing.

Salty ass boxing fans don't like the stain of PEDs, they don't like the stink of corrupt decisions, and they don't like messing around with catch-weights. They never liked them - this isn't something new that people are pretending bothers them just to get cheap shots at Canelo.

I lay a lot of the blame at the feet of ODLH. Since he and Canelo joined forces, it has seemed that for everything that Canelo does that is really respectable, there is something else that is less respectable. Two steps forward and one back.

Still, he is here to stay, and there are worse people to be the public face of boxing.

Comment

A select group of NSBers will say who true fans are and who are casuals. They have the formula.

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
                      TS entire premise for this thread is to declare how much of a NON NELO FAN he is (no secret).

You took him to be a true FIGHT FAN. So I'll ask again. Are fans of winners dick riders or it matters on WHO WINS ?!?!?!?
                      Drop the strawman stuff. You know I'm not falling for that ignorant shyt. I never defended the TS, never said he was a true fan, or supported anything else he said. I made a statement about d*ck riders and if you didn't understand that you can re-read my previous post until it sinks in. I've a feeling you're just insistent on pretending it means something else so you won't look stupid for picking a bad argument.

Comment

Working...
                      X