No announcement yet.

Daniel Geale turns down April 26th, says conflicts with UFC in Australia

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
    What's that supposed to mean? You don't believe he's spent time inside?
    No, I absolutely believe that he's had issues with the law. It's just that every time a US fight is offered to him, he has the visa issues and says they're "almost resolved" or something of that nature. It's been years since he was offered Chavez Jr. My question is that, are the issue still in dispute? Was there no resolution to this dispute?

It just seems a bit long to remain unresolved. I don't know how visas work, but I assume they would resolve in an issue within a few years.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      Why wouldn't HBO budge on a week later or a week earlier?

They probably preferred Lee to get a highlight reel KO over the weak chinned Lee.
      Geale knew the date when he turned down Monte Carlo because he wanted to fight Golovkin on HBO.

Comment

**** him...he actually insulted boxing with that give way to ufc s.hit. if boxing is not that big in australia what is there for him to worry about? will it really affect his earnings that much? he's going to fight on hbo and will probably be staged in the US and here he is worrying about a ufc date.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
          Why wouldn't HBO budge on a week later or a week earlier?

They probably preferred Lee to get a highlight reel KO over the weak chinned Lee.

are you that stupid? if hbo doesn't budge when they have a conflict of schedule with another boxing card at showtime, why would they give way to a ufc card just to satisfy a aussie fighter?

Comment

how can anybody defend geale here?
            1. He gets offered the Monaco fight
            2. He turns down the Monaco fight because he wanted HBO
            3. He gets offered a HBO fight
            4. He turns down the HBO fight because of the date

5 ... and this is the killer ... we have all known the date for ****ING ages... why was it such a surprise to geale? And who gives a **** anyway? If he is such a non-entity in Australia that he gets booted for a UFC card what does it matter about being on Australian tv anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by House of Stone View Post
              If he is such a non-entity in Australia that he gets booted for a UFC card what does it matter about being on Australian tv anyway?
              Someone counted here. Being on PPV is worth ~100k dollars for him.. But he still should pass Wood for that..

Comment

Geale really stepped in some **** with this one. Still, 3G needs good opposition so this match-up could still happen later this year. All this means is that we have to wait til the second half of the year.

Comment

Make no mistake. This is totally on Geale. There's absolutelyno1 who should be defending him. I still don't wanna see Golovkin/Lee tho.

Comment

Comment

That is such a pitiful excuse

Comment

Working...
                      X