Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Antonio Margarito - In Which Fights Did He Attempt To Use Loaded Gloves?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Antonio Margarito - In Which Fights Did He Attempt To Use Loaded Gloves?

Antonio Margarito was temporarily suspended as a result of illegal material being found embedded in his hand wraps before his bout against Shane Mosley in 2009.

Do you believe Margarito intended to cheat only in the Mosley bout, or did he successfully get away with cheating in previous bouts and, if so, against who? Or, do you believe the hand wraps issue was blown out of proportion and Margarito never actually cheated, never intended to cheat or was unaware what was in his gloves?
    Mosley 2009
    20.48%
    Mosley, Cotto, Cintron (II) 2008 - '09
    26.51%
    Mosley, Cotto, Cintron (II), Johnson, Williams 2007 - '09
    8.43%
    Mosley, Cotto, Cintron (II), Johnson, Williams, Clottey, Gomez 2006 - '09
    1.20%
    Mosley, Cotto, Cintron (II), Johnson, Williams, Clottey, Gomez, Cintron (I), Lujan 2005 - '09
    18.07%
    Even Against Opponents Before 2005 Including Daniel Santos Loss in '04
    1.20%
    ALL Opponents In Professional Career Pre-Mosley - 1994 - 2009
    8.43%
    MARGARITO NEVER TRIED TO USE LOADED GLOVES AGAINST ANYONE
    10.84%
    Other Opinion
    0.00%
    Undecided
    4.82%

there is no way of knowing if he cheated on those fights or not unless marg or his trainer admits it.

but i find it unlikely that the first time he got caught was also the first time he tried to cheat...

Comment

He took his damn gloves off in the ring after the Cotto fight and you can clearly see his handwraps during the Merchant interview.

If he had anything to hide do you think he'd take his gloves off in the ring and do a damn interview?

Or, am I missing something here?

Comment

Originally posted by Stones! View Post
        He took his damn gloves off in the ring after the Cotto fight and you can clearly see his handwraps during the Merchant interview.

If he had anything to hide do you think he'd take his gloves off in the ring and do a damn interview?

Well the WBA initially signed off his wraps in the Mosley fight, it was only when Nazim Richardson examined the gloves closely by actually touching them that the illegal substance was found, which was then confirmed by the California State Athletic Commission. If people who are visually inspecting wraps actually signed them off as passable then the visibility factor becomes questionable imo.

Comment

Why would he be afraid to take his gloves off if he's not afraid to wrap them infront of an official LOL. With the tape over it you ain't going to see ****, you have to feel it to know it. Margarito was getting comfortable with it that he wasn't even afraid to show them off after a fight anymore.
          Last edited by ModernTalking; 11-09-2010, 04:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ModernTalking View Post
            Why would he be afraid to take his gloves off if he's not afraid to wrap them infront of an official LOL. With the tape over it you ain't going to see ****, you have to feel it to know it. Margarito was so comfortable that he was even afraid to show them off after a fight.
            Ummmmm... Maybe because water/sweat + hardened gauze insert dipped in plaster ingredients = abnormally hard wraps?

Comment

Not everyone is so clever and thinks of every small detail, especially after getting hit in head by a hard puncher for 11 rounds, but to TS's question.....I will always suspect in the Cotto fight based on how beat up he was and how unscathed Garcia was after his suspension when Garcia took just as much leather but we will never know for sure.

Comment

Doug Fischer's theory sounds believable to me (Marg celebrated after the Cotto win, got fatter than usual, looked terrible in camp for the Mosley fight, so Capetillo got desperate), but no one will ever know for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by MGM-134 View Post
                  Doug Fischer's theory sounds believable to me (Marg celebrated after the Cotto win, got fatter than usual, looked terrible in camp for the Mosley fight, so Capetillo got desperate), but no one will ever know for sure.
                  Interesting theory, although Roach feels he can tell by watching his last 8 fights he knows which ones Margarito cheated in. He didn't go into specifics in that interview but perhaps we'll hear a more detailed view after Nov 13.

Comment

This One:

And This One:

Comment

Working...
                    X