Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Pacquiao be compared to Stanley Ketchel?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Pacquiao be compared to Stanley Ketchel?

I mean, just look at their parallels:

Ketchel was a hobo - Pacquiao was a streetkid, dealing drugs, a gang leader.

Ketchel was a ladys man - Pacquiao doesn't seem to mind an affair or two.

Ketchel has hellish power and quite fast hands (as some welterweights who stepped up in weight said afterwards) and knocked down the then current heavyweight champion...a 170 lbs guy knocking down a 206er - Pacman is damn fast with his power carrying up in weight.

Ketchel was called to have a great singing talent - Pacman can sing quite good himself.

Pacman reminds me more of armstrong than stanley

Comment

Nobody alive today can possibly know much about Stanley Ketchel anyway. I hate when you have these 20 year old ****s saying things like, "Actually, he reminds me a lot of Benny Leonard/Harry Greb/Moses."

You guys don't know **** about these older fighters, because of the lack of filmed fights. And there's nothing wrong with that. The problem is with the bull****ters who pretend as if they know everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Piggu View Post
        Nobody alive today can possibly know much about Stanley Ketchel anyway. I hate when you have these 20 year old ****s saying things like, "Actually, he reminds me a lot of Benny Leonard/Harry Greb/Moses."

You guys don't know **** about these older fighters, because of the lack of filmed fights. And there's nothing wrong with that. The problem is with the bull****ters who pretend as if they know everything.
        WTF are you talking about? I just listed some facts that I got from reading biographies (Ketchel) and news/docus/filmed fights (Pacquiao)...so why to blame somebody when just listing facts?

It would mean that biographies ain't ****...

Comment

I think its NOT..

NO OTHER BOXERS can be compared against Manny "PACMAN" Pacquiao.. he's the greatest POUND for POUND boxer today..

Comment

I really don't it see myself

and piggu would you want to see some Ketchel footage. Maybe it will remove the need to call somebody that asks a simple question, "20 year old ****s"

Comment

Originally posted by cooper5 View Post
              I really don't it see myself

and piggu would you want to see some Ketchel footage. Maybe it will remove the need to call somebody that asks a simple question, "20 year old ****s"
              You know, it's not that I compare them stylewise (which I can't b/c nearly no video footage existing on Ketchel), but comparing their personal life...

Comment

i have seen some film of ketchel, brawling with jack johnson in the exhibition fight. ketchel fights nothing like manny. ketchel was pure brawler, he fights more like a fast chuck liddell - looping punches with heavy fists

Comment

Originally posted by Piggu View Post

if someone says that while pointing out good examples as to why they feel like that, i dont see an issue with that.

Comment

Stanley Ketchel fought Jack Johnson for the heavyweight title in 1909, no I'm not that old(but cooper5 might be) (JK!) Ketchel weighed at 170¼lbs. Alot of footage is around. An old story I heard was that the title fight was pre arranged supposedly that Johnson would take it easy on his lighter foe. Ketchel floored Johnson in the 12th round, and Johnson got up and was angry and proceeded to knock Ketchel out immediately. That version of the story I also heard on the classic network(before ESPN bought them).

Comment

Working...
                    X