Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The all new, Mayweather/Pac Master Discussion Thread - The fight that will never be.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
    Marquez's trainer admitted to cheating and Marquez did look big. That right there would make it more credible of an excuse.

Still, the thing is that they didn't refuse the fight like Floyd did!!! Floyd would have said "no way am I fighting that PEDs user, my health is more important". His fans would agree with him and that's that! lol!

Several reasons why Arum didn't go ahead with testing. First of all it never came up during the negotiating therefore not part of the contract. It only came up after the rumors that Marquez was huge and Roach admitted to the possibility of Marquez being on PEDs. That was too late in the game to have testing done. Heredia was probably already cycling it out of the system by then or using one of those 20 undetectable drugs that he admitted to, if Marquez was taking PEDs.
    What does your Top 5 P4P list look like?

Comment

• Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
      Marquez's trainer admitted to cheating and Marquez did look big. That right there would make it more credible of an excuse.

Still, the thing is that they didn't refuse the fight like Floyd did!!! Floyd would have said "no way am I fighting that PEDs user, my health is more important". His fans would agree with him and that's that! lol!

Several reasons why Arum didn't go ahead with testing. First of all it never came up during the negotiating therefore not part of the contract. It only came up after the rumors that Marquez was huge and Roach admitted to the possibility of Marquez being on PEDs. That was too late in the game to have testing done. Heredia was probably already cycling it out of the system by then or using one of those 20 undetectable drugs that he admitted to, if Marquez was taking PEDs.
      no way am I fighting that PEDs user, my health is more important". His fans would agree with him and that's that Only a moron would not agree with that! Hand to hand combat and if you suspected the other of cheating and he refuses to show hes not you would still fight him? Doubt it, not i highly highly doubt it. And last i checked Pac moved up weight after weight in a record breaking fashion but in no way is that credible for you.

Why was it to late? JMM said he would. So what do you think was the problem? Oh let guess cause Herdia is said to have undetectable drugs? LOL you clowns will try to find any excuse. Im all for better testing and have been since the days it was considered cowardly and worthless but you Pac boys just jumped on board after you boy got brutally KO'd so dont come at me about testing.

Comment

• Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
        What does your Top 5 P4P list look like?
        I'm not a big fan of the P4P list as it is just a matter of opinion even though Manny has been at the top or close to for so many years and he has fought in his last 3 fights P4P fighters.

Though, I do agree with some of the top fighters and exciting fighters do come from that list.

As a top 5, presently, I would not have Manny because he lost the way he did nor would I have Mayweather because of his inactivity and looking very average against Cotto.

In my opinion, Ward and Donaire are probably at the top now followed by Martinez as a very distant 3rd. After that, like I said, its just an opinion.

So I have 2 names really. While those two can easily come off, everyone else needs to step it up in their next fight to prove what they have including Floyd and Manny.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fetta View Post
          no way am I fighting that PEDs user, my health is more important". His fans would agree with him and that's that Only a moron would not agree with that! Hand to hand combat and if you suspected the other of cheating and he refuses to show hes not you would still fight him? Doubt it, not i highly highly doubt it. And last i checked Pac moved up weight after weight in a record breaking fashion but in no way is that credible for you.

Why was it to late? JMM said he would. So what do you think was the problem? Oh let guess cause Herdia is said to have undetectable drugs? LOL you clowns will try to find any excuse. Im all for better testing and have been since the days it was considered cowardly and worthless but you Pac boys just jumped on board after you boy got brutally KO'd so dont come at me about testing.
          There was a poll very early on that asked should Manny accept 14 days cutoff just to get the fight on. Both Floyd and Manny fans agreed, for the most part. So you are wrong there!

Also, for the most part, we were telling you that Manny was OK with testing with a cutoff date, early on. Then kept on telling you guys that Manny agreed to Floyd's rules but you guys wanted to see the facts in blood!

It was never about doing "only the commisions way". Like I said, even from the beginning, Manny was ready to do MORE than that.

Yes, it was too late. Roach/Arum interviews came out at 10 days to 2 weeks before the fight. Lets say even 3 weeks. So you need to make time for both sides to agree to the terms, get the 3rd party agency then do the tests when Heredia would know about it being done. Too late and not credible testing.
          Yes, that line from Heredia is very concerning. I hope it was all in the up and up but who knows. I can't understand why Marquez had to get involved with that guy. I wish he hadn't .....

Comment

• Will happen when they are like in their 40s and in need of more money. When it will not matter then. Funny, I dont think it matters right now since Marquez KOd Pacquiao cold out. Manny has declined in all p4p rankings. Before it was a dreamfight between number 1 and number 2. Now it would be like number 1 vs number 9. It is just not that appealing anymore.

Comment

• Floyd would beat any version of Manny Pacquiao. Styles makes fight. Pacquiao struggles againts counterpunchers, and slick boxers.

Comment

• A question:

Is Mayweather-Pacquiao the biggest fight in the history of boxing, that did not happen?

Comment

• Originally posted by wazaa. View Post
                  A question:

Is Mayweather-Pacquiao the biggest fight in the history of boxing, that did not happen?

Possibly (which is why Bob Arum should have died ages ago).

Biggest rematch that didn't happen: Lewis vs Klit II?

Comment

• I firmly believe that mayweather beats any version of manny any day and any time. Would've been nice to actually see it done tho. But there is absolutely NO EXCUSE as to why that fight didnt happen during the first (really only official) negotiations. It shoulda been manny in that ring across from Mayweather not shane. But shoulda, coulda, woulda's......

Comment

• What happened to the announcement about Floyd Mayweather's next fight that Richard Schafer claimed he was going to make no later than last week?

Initially, I was thinking that Mayweather and GBP were waiting until Bob Arum announced Pacquaio's next fight so they could upstage him. Then, when Schafer said two weeks ago that an announcement would be coming within days, I thought I may be mistaken. Now, it looks like I was right all along. I would bet now that Mayweather's next fight, which has probably already been signed, will be announced two days after Bob Arum announces Pac's next fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X