Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is your favorite fighter in history?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1) Marvin Hagler
    2) Julio Cesar Chavez
    3) Julian Jackson
    4) Larry Holmes
    5) Felix Trinidad
    6) Saad Muhammad
    7) Jeff Chandler
    8) Mike McCallum
    9) Donald Curry
    10) Joe Louis

Hagler is my favorite because he reperesented everything that was great about boxing. He was a complete fighter who came up the hard way and there was zero bull**** in his game and the way he approached it.

Comment

Easy pick right now, but he's been my boy from the start

[Buffer Voice]
      Juan Manuel

Dinamitaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

MARQUEZ!
      [/Buffer Voice]

Comment

Originally posted by BigStereotype View Post
        Easy pick right now, but he's been my boy from the start

[Buffer Voice]
        Juan Manuel

Dinamitaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

MARQUEZ!
        [/Buffer Voice]
        I know the reason my list is made up of mostly 80's guys is becuase that's when I got into the sport. I am certain if I had become a hardcore fan in the mid-late 90's that Marquez would be my all-time fave, or at least second after Trinidad.

Comment

Originally posted by jabsRstiff View Post
          I know the reason my list is made up of mostly 80's guys is becuase that's when I got into the sport. I am certain if I had become a hardcore fan in the mid-late 90's that Marquez would be my all-time fave, or at least second after Trinidad.
          You hit the nail on the head. I'd seen some Mayweather fights, watched some JMM highlights leading up to their fight, was interested and watched the Diaz and Casa fights and that was that. Smitten. I love this dude haha I would die for JMM

Comment

Originally posted by jabsRstiff View Post
            1) Marvin Hagler
            2) Julio Cesar Chavez
            3) Julian Jackson
            4) Larry Holmes
            5) Felix Trinidad
            6) Saad Muhammad
            7) Jeff Chandler
            8) Mike McCallum
            9) Donald Curry
            10) Joe Louis

Hagler is my favorite because he reperesented everything that was great about boxing. He was a complete fighter who came up the hard way and there was zero bull**** in his game and the way he approached it.
            great list!

plenty of my favourite fighters are on this list as you can see in my sig. im a big fan of almost all the fighters on the list though, again great list.

Comment

Originally posted by Nekronicle View Post
              Thats a pretty solid list for a new fan... The real excitement is in the history books! There arent many fighters today that could compete with some of the greats of the past!
              Don't believe this crap

Comment

Arguello and Monzon.

Followed closely by Harold Johnson and Dick Tiger.

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
                  Don't believe this crap
                  At this very moment? He's pretty right.

But as far as the more abstract "today," yeah, I think that sentiment is kind of tired.

Comment

Roy Jones made me a boxing fan, and I can't imagine ever liking a fighter more than I like him.

Comment

A tie between Nicolino Locche and Ricardo Lopez.

Locche's insane head movement and almost clairvoyant reflexes are the best I've ever seen.

Lopez is quite possibly the most complete fighter I've ever seen. I don't tend to copy any fighters when I'm in the ring, but I definitely have modeled much of my style after Finito's.

Currently, Mayweather and Hank Lundy are my two favorite fighters to watch, even though I'm not a fan of either fighter's attitude outside of the ring.

Have to give a shout out to Sugar Ray Leonard: If any fighter in history got me into boxing, it's him. (I'm 31 years old and grew up watching the late career of Leonard live, and seeing tapes of him.) He was far and away my favorite fighter in my youth.
                      Last edited by SBleeder; 12-10-2012, 09:06 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X