No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Miguel Cotto Wants More, Not Thinking of Retirement

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Miguel Cotto Wants More, Not Thinking of Retirement

A few years ago, former three division world champion Miguel Cotto (37-3, 30KOs) promised to retire by the age of 30. On October 29th, Cotto turns 32 and he has no desire to retire in the near future.

"We have not thought about it [retirement]. I said I was retiring at 30 and here I am continuing, almost at 32 years...with a lot of energy. I'm eager to keep fighting, with renewed energy, as you saw in the last fight on May 5 [against Floyd Mayweather]," Cotto told Paul Maldonado.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Miguel definatley has a few more years left in him, everyone was convinced he was washed up but he gave a hell of a fight in May, when you look at it his only REAL losses were from the # 1 & 2 p4p fighters and 2 of the best of the last 15 years. He along with Andre Ward are the perfect examples of what champions should be, take on all comers whether high risk low reward and never ducks anyone.

Comment

you're fans are not ready to see you go, Boxing needs you.

Comment

Cotto!!!! We will see how he looks against Trout but cotto still has some gas left in his tank.... A Canelo fight would be dangerous though.

Comment

After the Margarito fight he did think about retirement.

Comment

Originally posted by biglou88 View Post
            you're fans are not ready to see you go, Boxing needs you.
            That word is short for "you are". Now read what you typed...
            Good enough if English isn't well known to you...

I'd want to see Cotto in there against Saul. That would likely be quite a fight.

Comment

WAR COTTO

Comment

Cotto's record

Cotto lost the first fight against Margarito, but as ya'll know Margacheato used cast under the gloves. Then he lost against Pacquiao at a catch weight to the benefit of Pac(dope)man.
                I think he is one a the very few serious and intelligent boxer who can still give us good shows.
                By the way, is it any of the Freddy Roach boxers that doesn't get doped every time?

Comment

let's see how he performs against Trout...nevertheless Guerra Cotto!

Comment

Cotto still has atleast 3 more years left at a high level in boxing. The fight against Trout will let us know if 154 is his division to dominate.

Comment

Working...
                    X