Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gerorge Foreman: Wlad won't leave much of a legacy in boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I agree with George 100% but I also give some credit to Wlad because he's done a good job protecting a questionable chin. I do believe that a challeger must "take" a title but the champ must be "fighting" in defense of it too!!
    As to any of the current heavies none would do very well back Louis's era and none would fare well in the early 60s thru the late 70s!! 'None of these challengers can punch and Wlad does have good power in his right but he doesn't take good shots either. Ali and Holmes and plenty of others could give and take and I don't see that in the Klitz Bros.

It sure would be better if either of them had personalities and chins atleast they'd be interesting in and out of the ring. Their fights are boring because their opponents have to supply the excitment but none of them can fight!!

Its not the Bros. fault that the comp stinks but they're not exciting either!
    Ray.

Comment

• Wlad and Vitali had an opportunity to cut a legacy using Value and even Ruiz. Vitali should fight Haye and Wlad should fight Adamek. They also need to sort out fights with Povetkin. They can build something fir themselves if they really pushed it.

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      I think Wladimir Klitschko will be more appreciated once he has retired for a long time. Especially when the HW division gets "exciting" again. Boxing fans will catch and realize it was boring because it was being dominated by a very skillful boxer who knew how to utilize his height and used it as a strength.
      pretty much like every HW champ in history.
      Last edited by croz; 08-26-2012, 11:16 AM.

Comment

• Lol, this was a fun thread!

Comment

• Well shyt was Foreman wrong??? Why the outrage hes right.

Comment

• Originally posted by emart05 View Post
            George Foreman: Wlad won't leave much of a legacy in boxing
            The only legacy they will leave is sucking so much.

Comment

• Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
              Lol, this was a fun thread!
              so true Jabs!!

Comment

• Bravest or riskiest and thus dumbest? Wlad is certainly the smartest of them all. Why risk, when you can accomplish your things your way?

Comment

• He was a slave contracted stage prop in Wladimir's entrance against Haye.

Comment

• I am a HUGEEE Wlad fan but I have to say, Foreman slapped him with his ATG D1CK.

Comment

• Klitchkos predicted long ago that they will rule heavyweight division and there is no question they were right. That they are not as excited to watch is partially the fault of their opponents who are usually running away from brothers punching power. When some of them try to be brave they end up on the floor, ore often then not. And so the story goes.

As for Foreman let's not heed to his "wisdom". In the "Rumble in the Jungle" we saw clearly where his brave "risk taking" got him. On the floor and finished. If he was a bit as smart as either of Klitchko, Ali would be conquered in the "Rumble in the Jungle" contest. Foreman was dumb. Ask Ali.

Comment

Working...
                      X