Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tommy "The Hit Man" Hearns vs Floyd "Money" Mayweather Jr.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tommy "The Hit Man" Hearns vs Floyd "Money" Mayweather Jr.

This would be a great fight to see. Floyd and his shell deffense going up against Hearns and his awesome offensive arsenal. Will Floyd be able to shoulder roll and pot shot his way to victory? Or will Hearns penetrate that shell and force Floyd into the pocket and fight. Hearns and that straight right hand vs Floyd and his laser beam lead right. Hearns pumping out that rope of a jab and follwoign it with the right digging to the body. Floyd standing right in front of him making him miss and returning fire. I think it would be a hell of a fight. Don't just vote I want to hear a post on how you think the fight would have played out. I listed a number of factors including the reff anf the ring size.....Lefty

Weight: 147
    Ring: 20 x 20 Feet (smaller ring)
    Gloves: 8 Ounces (punchers gloves)
    Refferee: Kenny Bayless (does not liek clinching)
    Venue: Michigan Stadium (capacity 107,501)

Hearns wins late TKO/KO takes early rounds and forces Floyd to fight stops him with power shots
    69.52%
    Hearns decision banks RDs early on work rate holds off PBFattack gets decision
    13.33%
    Floyd TKO/KO Frustrates him forces him to take chances & beats him with counters late stoppage
    3.81%
    Floyd decision Hearns banks RDs early on but Floyd comes on late counters & slows Hears work rate
    12.38%
    Draw very close fight Hearns takes the early RDs Floyd comes in late
    0.95%

The poll is expired.

Hearns murders Floyd. I can tell you how to beat Floyd Mayweather. You need to be bigger, have better reach,be taller and stronger you also need to have a great jab, speed, skills and great punching power. Its a lot to ask for, but Hearns has it all. Its a bad matchup and Hearns steamrolls Floyd.

Comment

Hearns size and power will be too much for Floyd to handle

Comment

I don't think that Mayweather could handle the crushing power of Hearns. Hearns has got such a wide array of weapons that Mayweather can't possibly roll away from all of them. He'll get caught and he'll go down sometime in the mid rounds. Hearns KO 8.

Comment

If Floyd won't fight Paul Williams, he damn sure wouldn't fight Tommy Hearns. Tommy was a killer at WW and what people may forget is if Leonard vs Hearns would've been a 12 rd fight, Hearns according to the scorecards would've won. He was a hard hitting strong fighter with speed, good accuracy and knew how to use his reach (something I wish Williams would adapt).

Floyd can do the ducking and philly shell all night, but Hearns was non stop in your face. I think it would eventually tire out Floyd and get him hurt by a much bigger guy.

Comment

Hearns by brutal KO.

Comment

I think it would be a great fight to watch. Hearns had alot of tools to put together an attack on Floyd. But Hearns did get his chin checked as well we all know that fighters that gethit with punches they don't see coming can be dropped and Floyd is the man with pin point punching and quick counters. Just throwing out some food for thought....Lefty

Comment

Originally posted by LEFTYGUNZZ View Post
                I think it would be a great fight to watch. Hearns had alot of tools to put together an attack on Floyd. But Hearns did get his chin checked as well we all know that fighters that gethit with punches they don't see coming can be dropped and Floyd is the man with pin point punching and quick counters. Just throwing out some food for thought....Lefty
                Remember Lefty,Manny Stewart had Hearns always fighting tall,because Manny always talked about having Hearns fight behind the jab & throw the right form heaven at a good distance for maximum extension!!Hearns would keep floyd at the end of his punches all night my dude!!I don't see floyd having the power or will to stand his ground,U know it,I know it!!floyd's too small & at 147 he doesn't fire in combination,Hearns runs him out the ring in about 5 rounds!!

Comment

tommy hearns was a beast...floyd would have to bring his a+game and stay in the pocket..cause if he tried to fight at a distance he'd be right at the end of tommys right hand and that spells disaster..he'd have to stay in tommys chest and try to rip combos to his body and head...this would be a classic fight..these type of fights make legends

Comment

Floyd will whoop Tommy Hearns ass just like he did Diego Corrales

I mean Hearns did have a poweful right hand but thats all he had and he had no chin

and with Floyd being such a defensive fighter Hearns wouldn't be alble to land a clean shot with a lot power behind it

so i think Floyd will outbox him early and stop him late i mean Tommy does havs a puncher's chance but against a great defensive fighter like Floyd Mayweather that chance is very slim
                    Last edited by Boss Don; 01-28-2010, 10:55 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X