No announcement yet.

I decided to go southpaw after years

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I decided to go southpaw after years

If feels better, I can get off punches better also. I've been in boxing(fighting, not knowing) for 9 years and I just realized this. :sarcastic::sarcastic:

Weird thing to come up this far into your training....

I had the reverse, I was a right handed southpaw that switched to orthodox. But in fairness, it didn't really matter, I was terrible at both. (horrible reflexes and all around althleticism)

Comment

Originally posted by Verstyle View Post
      If feels better, I can get off punches better also. I've been in boxing(fighting, not knowing) for 9 years and I just realized this. :sarcastic::sarcastic:
      how do you make sure you're not one handed with a severely lacking rear hand? This is the biggest problem I've encountered with switchers

Comment

i probabley wouldn't switch because of hand-eye-co-ordination, the right is just alot more accurate throwing it from way behind me, but then again you got that mike tyson squared stance and probabley dont throws straights often

i do go southpaw on the bag everynow and then now since my left has become noticebly much stronger than my right to give the right a workout as the jab hand

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
          how do you make sure you're not one handed with a severely lacking rear hand? This is the biggest problem I've encountered with switchers
          Dedicate alot of time to that rear hand.... I personally believe if you're going to have your weaker hand in the rear, you need to be working it twice as hard as your strong hand. But I am a little biased.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
            My power is almost equal in both hands. I get more leverage throwing my left hook southpaw.

Comment

Originally posted by TheHolyCross View Post
              i probabley wouldn't switch because of hand-eye-co-ordination, the right is just alot more accurate throwing it from way behind me, but then again you got that mike tyson squared stance and probabley dont throws straights often

i do go southpaw on the bag everynow and then now since my left has become noticebly much stronger than my right to give the right a workout as the jab hand
              I can throw the straight good on mitts but in a match or sparring, hell no. I loop it.

Comment

Working...
              X