Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Haye: If No Vitali Fight By Summer, It Will Never Happen

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I really feel Johnson just didn't provide any value or incentive to be fought, A journeyman who fought stiffs in the US up until his atrocious of account of a title shot against Vitali Klitschko in 2009. Haye weighed up the options:
    • No Championship Belt
    • No Pedigree
    • No Notable Names on Resume
    • Ability to Draw

So in overall essence, Financially there was no incentive and he did not hold a belt of any significance.

Also lets no be stupid here Johnson understands he must hype up a potential fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Andrew5050 View Post
      meh... Haye don't need those guys. He's the #3 hw in the world.
      Well, not officially...

Haye has the attributes, for sure; but he doesn't have the heart. He's in boxing for all the wrong reasons. He won't be remembered in twenty years from now. He's nothing.

His CW record is overrated and his HW resume is absolute trash. Sure, he has potential, but it's completely unfulfilled. Such a waste.

Comment

• Originally posted by WladimirK View Post
        Eh what. You know that's rubbish. Vitali is WBC champ, Haye was paper champ.
        And about the Chisora fight, it's rubbish too. Haye couldn't fight Chisora 'in the meantime', why? And then have a signed contract in the meantime to fight Vitali after what less than two months. What if he lost to Chisora or got injured?
        Haye ducked Vitali again, just admit it.
        WTF is the difference between the WBC and other belts? They're all corrupt and meaningless unless you're the recognized champion and we know that is Wlad and not Vittles. To take it a little further if you want to get down to brass tacks, the WBA is actually the more meaningful title because is derived from the original NBA. The WBC is an offshoot of THAT title, a bastard belt of sorts that built itself to legitimacy, but has made itself more self important than anything. Any way you slice it though, its a paper title. There can only be one champion and it isn't Vits.

Comment

• Hey, Jab. What do you take against Vitali the most?

I am just curious. And do you think prime for prime Wlad is better?

Comment

• Originally posted by Andrew5550 View Post
            Prime HW's like Price who has 16 fights? Barrett was ranked in the top 10 by 3 bodies, Ruiz was a mandatory agreed upon before Valuev and Audley... well there's just no excuse for that. I hope he made some good money.

With regards to Chambers and Johnson - I really hope you're kidding.
            Lol, ownage!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
              Hey, Jab. What do you take against Vitali the most?

I am just curious. And do you think prime for prime Wlad is better?

His rabid fans constantly overrating him and applying double standards to nearly every argument, thats my biggest beef. After that it's his resume. Not entirely his fault but just the same its not very good. And no, at their respective bests I don't think Vits is better than Wlad, but that doesn't mean he couldn't beat him h2h. I have both ranked in the top 10 h2h all time.

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=575138

Comment

Working...
              X