No announcement yet.

Gauze or mexican handwraps?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gauze or mexican handwraps?

Just wondering what you guys prefer to use? At the moment i use Lonsdale stretch mexican handwraps. They're good, but i also need to tape my wrists with oxi tape before i put them on. One of the lads down the gym recommends i try using gauze instead. Is there much difference in wrist stability using gauze??

gauze sucks. it's gotta be very long because of how thin it is, and you cant really put them on tight either, because if you do it'll ruin the blood flow through your hands and your hands are gonna feel numb pretty quick. and since you cant put them on tight they dont offer much wrist support or stability either. if you use a lot of gauze like the pro fighters do (they always have huge fists before their fights) i guess it would make sense and feel good and secure. but its a waste for training. they're not gonna last long either. you might have to get rid of them after one training session, they'll get all wrinkly and tangle up, stretch out and stuff. stick with the mexican style wraps

Comment

lol wrapping up using Gauze? for a training session?

Unless your a pro with 3 hour workouts i dont see the point

Comment

lol wrapping up using Gauze? for a training session?

Unless your a pro with 3 hour workouts i dont see the point

Comment

mexicanhandwraps(dot)com > In conclusion if your worried about protection use the stretch,180 mexican ones.

Comment

Mexican wraps and sponge for the knuckles

Comment

Use a quality cloth wrap that doesn't stretch! Rewrap (roll up) after you use them and wash them every third workout! Take very good care of your wraps because anything to do with hand care is very very important!! Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
                Use a quality cloth wrap that doesn't stretch! Rewrap (roll up) after you use them and wash them every third workout! Take very good care of your wraps because anything to do with hand care is very very important!! Ray.
                Most fighters I know you'd be lucky to get them to wash their wraps every 3rd month. The vile, pungent, fungus infested wraps I've seen people put on their hands.

With that,
                I prefer guaze, but its simply not economic or efficient to use guaze in practice. Cloth wrap that doesn't stretch FTW.

Comment

Dirty wraps in my gym get you sent home! Its never been a problem once the rules are understood! I also got their report cards before their parents did. It helped that I was aligned with the Police Dept. Youth Division in all the surrounding cities and townships!! All of the members equipment was clean and the gym was too, wraps were rerolled as you took them off so NO wrinkles!!! Bags were greased every other month and the entire gym was washed every Sat after the AM workouts! Clean work place, clean equipment, clean minds & souls and NO Excuses!

It worked very well like that for a long time. Ray Corso

Comment

If you shake hands with a fighter who just finished a session using dirty wraps, you can't get that smell off of your own hand for the rest of the day.

Its putrid.

Comment

Working...
                    X