No announcement yet.

Should Obama intervene?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should Obama intervene?

Obama said the USA would step in if Assad uses chemical weapons against the "rebels"

Why cant Assad protect his own nation from Terrorist?

should Obama intervene?

http://www.businessweek.com/news/201...or-u-dot-s-dot
    Yes, I support terrorism
    33.33%
    No! nomore military conflicts
    66.67%

Absolutely.

Comment

Whilst I'd rather allow the middle-east to solve their own issues, mainly because the Western world gets criticised by liberals every time they intervene in the middle-east, the use of chemical weapons against innocent people would be hard to turn away from.

I'd say yes, but then again, if the Western World did intervene in Syria, they'll only receive criticism for doing so.

Maybe we should step this one out.

Comment

Yes,it needs to be a world wide rule.use chemical weapons and get dealt with

Comment

Originally posted by timbatron View Post
          Whilst I'd rather allow the middle-east to solve their own issues, mainly because the Western world gets criticised by liberals every time they intervene in the middle-east, the use of chemical weapons against innocent people would be hard to turn away from.

I'd say yes, but then again, if the Western World did intervene in Syria, they'll only receive criticism for doing so.

if we intervene, we're going to end up staying...for a while and will end up building a permanent Military base...

it will be a drawn out conflict

Comment

Originally posted by timbatron View Post

While I concur with your assertion that the West (and the U.S. in particular) will inevitably be criticized for intervening, I disagree with the implication that it may be better to sit this one out to avoid said criticism.

"Should we intervene here to prevent the use of biological attacks and save countless lives?"

"No way - Other countries will most likely portray us as the bad guys again. Not worth it."

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
              Obama said the USA would step in if Assad uses chemical weapons against the "rebels"

Why cant Assad protect his own nation from Terrorist?

should Obama intervene?

http://www.businessweek.com/news/201...or-u-dot-s-dot

When "good men sit back and do nothing, evil prevails.

But intevention could lead to a proxy war with the Russians.

Assad's days are numbered the rebels will take control, who are they going to be thankful to once it is all over?

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
                if we intervene, we're going to end up staying...for a while and will end up building a permanent Military base...

it will be a drawn out conflict
                Not at all, don't need any ground troops at all.

Just air support and to knock out tanks, air fields and munition stores as well as feeding back intel to the rebels on the ground.

Comment

Letting some bent and twisted individual use chemical weapons on innocent people isn't acceptable and intervening doesn't make anyone a terrorist

I don't want anymore wars but I would support this one if innocents are poisoned by chemical weapons

Comment

Originally posted by chav View Post
                    Letting some bent and twisted individual use chemical weapons on innocent people isn't acceptable and intervening doesn't make anyone a terrorist

I don't want anymore wars but I would support this one if innocents are poisoned by chemical weapons
                    But slaughtering civilians, women, children on a daily basis ok?

That is what has been going on.

Why should it what weapon kills them?

Comment

Working...
                    X