No announcement yet.

Biological male who identifies as female dominates NCAA women's track

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Furn View Post
    It wouldn't be too hard to do son studies and work out of there's an advantage being a trans female.

There has however only been one study that u know of and that was by a trans professor who looked at social Middle distance running times.

I think the reason there hasn't been more studies looking at power and strength sports at the top level is because its fairly obvious what the results would be and its not the result the equality people would want.
    They tried to deal with Caster Semanya but then iAAF ruling was squashed by the Swiss court.

Comment

Originally posted by Lomasexual View Post
      I'm not sure all of them believe this. However, they believe that it is important for everyone to act as though it was true.

Trans people don't want asterisks next to their status as a man or woman.

They want to be accepted as being absolutely the same, in every way, to the sex they have transitioned to.

In other words, they don't want to be accepted as man who wants to be a women (and vice versa) they want people to treat them indistinguishably.

I understand why they want this. Gender dysphoria must be an awful thing to go through. As I understand it, any thing which reminds them of their actual sex is intensely uncomfortable to them.
      Just like being enclosed in a small space is awful for someone with claustrophobia, or hearing loud noises can be bad for vets with PTSD.
      Trans people don't take it as just offensive, or rude, it causes actual anguish.

With that understanding, I can see how and why they resist being told that they can't compete. It causes them anguish to think that they are not the same. It causes them anguish when they are not treated the same.

So - when there is no real cost to others - I am happy enough to indulge this. I'll call them 'him' or 'her' as they wish. I won't get in their faces, calling them a man or a woman when it isn't necessary to make the distinction.

But when it comes to some things, then the cost of managing their mental health issues needs to be weighed up.

In this case of sports, the cost - whatever it might be - is borne entirely by the biologically female athletes.

How is it fair to tell female athletes that they must allow someone with an unfair advantage over them to compete with them, to help that person deal with a mental health issue?

How is it fair to Selina Soule to tell her that her chances of a scholarship - which is worth who knows how many thousands of dollars - must be spent instead on helping two trans girls deal with their mental health issues?
      Selina is not responsible for their mental health, yet it cost her (or one of the other girls displaced) thousands of real life dollars to help with other's mental wellbeing.

Or worse - in contact sports - how is it fair to risk people's physical wellbeing so that someone else's mental wellbeing can be kept at a premium?
      How is it ok to risk someone's death so that someone else can remain disengaged from a reality that hurts them?

I'm not unsympathetic to trans people. I think gender dysphoria must be an awful thing, it really must.
      But their rights are not more important that other people's rights, and the cost of their illness shouldn't automatically be shunted onto others.
      We are gonna have to start calling real women sport Cisgender female events.

Comment

Originally posted by megas30 View Post
        A real woman is being banned for having too high testosterone, but a man pretending to be a woman is allowed?

Who are making these rules? How is that these people claim to have IQ but can't tell the simple difference between a man and a woman?
        Nah man. Semanya details aren't known. They couldn't make the test public. Reasons like Caster's are why they are trying to monitor the amount of hormone levels females have because they see that they will run into future problems when transgender athletes begin to compete as females even though they were born males.

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
          We are gonna have to start calling real women sport Cisgender female events.
          I have always assumed that "Women's sports" was a category based on whether someone was biologically female or not.

I think this is a safe assumption. This categorisation happened before modern takes on gender. So it could not have been made based on gender, but rather must have been made on the basis of biological sex.

Secondly, the purpose of the categorisation was not arbitrary, it was so that biological women could compete in sports without having to compete against biological men.

There can't be any real doubt that Women's sports are for biological women.

The battleground here seems to be about the word "Woman" and whether it refers to the gender identity or to the biological sex.

The thing is though, even if trans-activists want to take over the word "woman" so that it refers to gender identity, then the categorisation in sport will just have to adapt its nomenclature.

As you say, we'll have to change it from "Women's basketball" to "Biological women's basketball." which is just another way that trans-activists will alienate huge chunks of society.

Comment

Enabling liars and/or mentally disturbed

Comment

Originally posted by Theodore View Post

That looked like grown man taking on a bunch of middle school kids.

Comment

Working...
              X