No announcement yet.

If that was any other person than Brock

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If that was any other person than Brock

the ref would have stopped it when he was taking all those punches. He got a huge benefit from is name in that fight, and to his credit came back to win. I was rooting for him, but I felt he caught a lucky break because of his stature and name.

Another thing, I don't even understand why he was trying to stand up with that dude. Thats not even his strength and I kept thinking, "take this ****er to the ground and its over".

Soon as he did that, he won. I'm guessing he was trying to make the fight more exciting, but I just couldn't stand to see him try to go toe to toe.

It was also pretty despicable to see him keep tapping his chin after the fight as if its made of iron. He got dropped from one punch and looked pretty stupid doing what he did.

Good night of fights though, I enjoyed it.

Originally posted by Johnny Chingas View Post
    the ref would have stopped it when he was taking all those punches. He got a huge benefit from is name in that fight, and to his credit came back to win. I was rooting for him, but I felt he caught a lucky break because of his stature and name.

Another thing, I don't even understand why he was trying to stand up with that dude. Thats not even his strength and I kept thinking, "take this ****er to the ground and its over".

Soon as he did that, he won. I'm guessing he was trying to make the fight more exciting, but I just couldn't stand to see him try to go toe to toe.

It was also pretty despicable to see him keep tapping his chin after the fight as if its made of iron. He got dropped from one punch and looked pretty stupid doing what he did.

Didn't you notice?? he was trying to take him down but Carwin avoided his attempts in that first round....it was only when carwin was tired in the 2nd round that Brock got the take down !
    You gotta give Brock his due....he weathered the storm and come back and showed great heart to win....thats the sign of a true champion !
    But it would of been a very different story is Carwins Gas tank would of been bigger !
    But lets be fair....Brock dont look as invincible as he did before....infact he looks very beatable

Comment

He had his takedown attempts snuffed in the first round. In the second, Carwin didn't even hardly try to defend, as he was gassed by then. He didn't try that many, but when he did try them they were defended well. It's not as simple as you think, especially against a good wrestler as is Carwin.

Comment

Any vids?????????

Comment

Nodogoshi jus shut up Brock Took all those ****ing shots that would KO your hero Fedor and kept working. Brock is now the ****ing #1 HW in the ****ing world so take Fedors nuts out of your mouth and Bow to the new king *****!!! the baddest mother****er on the planet!!! you can't deny.
          so suck it up.

Comment

i agree i thought brock should of been stopped because he was not intelligently defending himself and was not punching back!! but because he his the champion i suppose he deserved the chance to make it out and he showed us his heart chin and balls there his no quit in that man and all this WWE rubbish can now be rest from that ****!!

i thought carwin would win but i got that one wrong but i still think carwin his world class just needs to work on his conditioning a bit more maybe lose a bit of the bulk???

Comment

Look at you complaining about the no stoppage, the referee clearly made the right decision by giving brock the opportunity to keep fighting i thought it was going to be stopped too but i wasnt right there in the ring and brock proved his ability to recover.. ill tell you where brock really won that fight was in the gym in his training camp because he was ready for a 5 round war and Shane wasnt

Comment

Originally posted by Blair_Wells#32 View Post
                Nodogoshi jus shut up Brock Took all those ****ing shots that would KO your hero Fedor and kept working. Brock is now the ****ing #1 HW in the ****ing world so take Fedors nuts out of your mouth and Bow to the new king *****!!! the baddest mother****er on the planet!!! you can't deny.
                so suck it up.
                Those shots werent even hard, two sloppy punchers at best. Fedor on the other hand took shots from the very best K1 fighters. Brock and Carwin just looked like two drunk guys in a parking lot.

Comment

he took a few glancing blows from crocop and shilt but it was on the ground a few seconds after that.

But Fedor Fans....Brock Fans...Can't we all just get along lmao

Comment

Originally posted by Blair_Wells#32 View Post
                    he took a few glancing blows from crocop and shilt but it was on the ground a few seconds after that.

But Fedor Fans....Brock Fans...Can't we all just get along lmao
                    He took a Crocop left highkick to the side of his head which cut him open and didn't even appear phased by it. Also, you keep bringing up Rogers. Rogers caught him with a jab and busted open his nose in the opening moments of the fight. He never knocked him down or anything as you tend to claim. Fedor weathered Roger's early onslaught, and Rogers was gassed out by the second round. Does that sound familiar?

Now lets see what happened when Brock got caught with a punch:

He turtled up and turned tail, basically tried to hide in the corner. Fedor is a much better standup fighter than Carwin or Lesnar, with Carwin clearly the much better of the two. That doesn't mean that Lesnar couldn't potentially get Fedor down and work his ground and pound, and no question Brock would be a difficult guy for anyone to get off. Fedor is not taken down too easily though and he would probably snuff Brock's initial takedowns at the very least. Brock would pose a difficult challenge for Fedor, but I think Fedor clearly has the tools to beat him. Based on the styles, I think Carwin would be an easier fight for Fedor for several reasons. I have to favor Fedor over either guy though. As I've said, Lesnar poses a difficult test for anyone, but he is far from unbeatable. Fedor is a much better fighter, it is simply the difference in size and strength which makes it seemingly a fairly even fight.
                    Last edited by Drunken Cat; 07-04-2010, 08:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X