Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HBO Tripleheader: Salido-Garcia, Golovkin-Rosado, Martinez-Burgos Discussion thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was so impressed with Mikey yesterday, what a BEAST! He took a top guy like Salido apart.

Gotta give props to Orlando tho, what heart the guy has, down 4 times, still comes to give it his all. A true warrior.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
      I said that's "not what happened at all", firstly.

And there's so much idiotic stuff said on this forum, what difference does it make if two guys agreed with you.

You are claiming his trainer said "his nose is broken, stop it"?

That is not what happened at all. The doctor is the one who said "his nose is broken." Did you not see the doctor with his fingers on the bridge of the nose, examining it and determining that it was broken? Because that is precisely what happened. His brother/trainer said no such thing.
      the doctor was called over by his corner and confirmed he had a broken nose. the doctor then asks mikey if he was able to continue. mikey didn't say yes or no "my nose is broken." robert jumps in and says "his nose is broken, you can't breath right?" and then asks the ref "if it was stopped would it go to the scorecards?" the ref says "yes", you can hear people behind mikey saying "yeah, let's stop it, let's stop it." the doctor tells the referee to stop it.

in your version, they just stood around looking stupid apparently.

can't believe i had to spell this out for somebody.
      Last edited by John Barron; 01-20-2013, 01:03 PM.

Comment

• My heart goes out to Martinez, he planned an attack he followed it out masterfully and then got robbed!!! To see 114 up is bad enough to give Burgo the fight is why "boxing is a fraud"!! You don't see beautiful body work like that often, he was lifting his leg after he got "tenderized"! Damn shame they didn't honor that young mans hard work.

Congrates to Mikey for another game plan thoughtout and carried out beautifully.

Congrates to GGG for showing patience and being persistant!! Big thumbs up to Rosado for courage against a much harder hitter than he is. Also some pretty nice defensive rolls and overall escapabilty!!! The power and experience factor was very obvious but I'll give the young man much props, this is NOT an easy job to "learn" on the job. I look forward to seeing Rosado and GGG in their next respective bouts. I would thing GGG management keeps him active to be able to raise interest in him. He is a very marketable fighter these days! Overall a C+ nite in boxing the robbery of that win hurt that card alot!! Ray.

Comment

• Originally posted by cornholioda3rd View Post
          I was so impressed with Mikey yesterday, what a BEAST! He took a top guy like Salido apart.

Gotta give props to Orlando tho, what heart the guy has, down 4 times, still comes to give it his all. A true warrior.
          Yeah Man ... Just re watched all the fights, started with the Tequila too early bc of the excitement Mikey and GGG looked good, Burgos was robbed

Comment

• Originally posted by Body Movin' View Post
            the doctor was called over by his corner and confirmed he had a broken nose. the doctor then asks mikey if he was able to continue. mikey didn't say yes or no "my nose is broken." robert jumps in and says "his nose is broken, you can't breath right?" and then asks the ref "if it was stopped would it go to the scorecards?" the ref says "yes", you can hear people behind mikey saying "yeah, let's stop it, let's stop it." the doctor tells the referee to stop it.

I already said that they lobbied the ref to make sure that if it was stopped it'd go to the cards. I didn't see Robert call the doctor over, but I don't see how that's such a big deal. I don't buy your narrative where Robert decided to stop the fight. How can the cornerman do that? It's the ref and doctor's job. Whatever is said in the corner, it is not up to the corner and would take an incompetent ref/doctor to stop a fight because a corner says to. Lobbying the ref on the other hand is normal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Body Movin' View Post

I just rewatched it and the doc asked Mikey if he can continue and he just sad "it's hard for me to breathe". Then the ref asked Robert Garcia "can he continue yes or no?" Robert remained silent until the ref said "We go to the scorecards, accidental headbutt." then Garcia said "We go to the scorecards? Ok let's stop it."

2 things :

-Garcia should have answered yes or no to the doc's question.

-The referee shouldn't have told the corner that they would go to the scorecard if the fight is stopped since it influenced their decision.

Comment

• LOL @ all the Garcia haters on this thread. What they painted was completely different than how the fight actually went.

Comment

• Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                  I just rewatched it and the doc asked Mikey if he can continue and he just sad "it's hard for me to breathe". Then the ref asked Robert Garcia "can he continue yes or no?" Robert remained silent until the ref said "We go to the scorecards, accidental headbutt." then Garcia said "We go to the scorecards? Ok let's stop it."

2 things :

-Garcia should have answered yes or no to the doc's question.

-The referee shouldn't have told the corner that they would go to the scorecard if the fight is stopped since it influenced their decision.
                  I hear what you're saying, but I think that things are never done this clear cut. It was a judgement call. It's always subjective. If it wasn't an injury due to an 'accidental' foul though, there's no doubt in my mind they wouldn't have stopped it. It is obviously dangerous to fight with a broken nose (or jaw, etc.), but we see it happen. To be proper, they probably should either always stop a fight for a broken nose, or never stop it. But that's never how boxing works. I think it is more a case that guys are given the leeway to continue fighting when it's dangerous rather than take a TKO loss more so than that they are given favoritism in this sort of situation. The fact that he was clearly way up on the cards could have had an effect though. I just can't find fault with Garcia, or his brother (who is just looking out for his fighter, really. This is professional sports.)

And I was backing Salido in the fight, and wanted to see the rest of the fight, especially because Salido had started to find some success (though not nearly enough). But, I think the headbutt itself was very questionable. I don't really even consider it accidental. So hard to blame Garcia for that, who had just had his nose broken by a desperation head first charge.

Comment

• they straight up robbed Burgos, what a shame.

Comment

• Chavez jr vs 3G, make it happen

Comment

Working...
                      X