Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boxing officially ranked 75th most dangerous sport

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are they not counting broken hands, cuts, knockouts, swollen faces, etc. as accidents in boxing? They're not really accidents, but they are injuries.

Comment

Originally posted by croz View Post
      I doubt there are more people in horse racing. Being a rich person's sport it isn't very accessible. There 20k pro boxers in the world and an almost uncountable number of amateurs. There are 50k FEMALE boxers in the UK alone. I think I remember hearing something like 70k male amateur boxers in Canada. A google search shows there are around 1,696 pro football players in the NFL.
      There's a great deal more people playing football rather than boxing.

Don't kid yourself.

These numbers are bull****, I skimmed the article and there's no statistical basis here that could rank sports against each other.

This is like saying that smoking doesn't cause lung cancer because 60% of lung cancer patients have never smoked.

Comment

I think I saw once on a TV show the most dangerous sport base on a deaths per year was extreme fishing or something like that. Where they would fish for big BIG fish idk.

Comment

I would still fear boxing than any of that sports. boxing is atleast top 10 to me.. u get bruises all the time and thats just the least you can get everytime.

Comment

didnt really need to read the rest of that crap just saw that soccer was the most dangerous apparently lol

that is why parents are not scared bringing their kids to the game

Comment

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2009...-schools-clubs

Also according to this boxing isn't even one of the top worries for brain trauma, though they do give it special mention for no particular reason.
              http://www.aans.org/Patient%20Inform...%20Injury.aspx
              It isn't normalized for popularity. The total incidence of injury from some sports will be higher than others for no reason other than the amount of participants.

Comment

Originally posted by DiegoFuego View Post
                Soccer is really dangerous. You could get a serious burn if you slide too long. And if someone slide tackles you, LOOK OUT! You may never walk again until they give you a penalty kick!
                lmao.............

Comment

Gymnastics/Dance/Cheerleading: 10,223
                  Golf: 10,035
                  Hockey: 8,145
                  Other Ball Sports and Balls, Unspecified: 6,883

Comment

Originally posted by C-los.p View Post
                    Are they not counting broken hands, cuts, knockouts, swollen faces, etc. as accidents in boxing? They're not really accidents, but they are injuries.
                    as opposed to the life-threatening injuries you get from playing golf

The person who wrote this article has never been in a fight in his life.

Comment

Originally posted by CHOWWOKKA View Post
                      I think I saw once on a TV show the most dangerous sport base on a deaths per year was extreme fishing or something like that. Where they would fish for big BIG fish idk.
                      Yeah I read somewhere that70 or 80 % or so of deaths in sport where from drowning.

Also Australian Rules football would be up there as you can see in my sig. Although that guy came back on later in the game.

Comment

Working...
                      X