No announcement yet.

How popular is BOXING? Most forums aren't booming with activity

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hectari View Post
    I remember when I was on here back in 2005 and 06 and people were saying watch how big boxing grows because the internet just starting booming as a social hub with Myspace and other things, I remember people were saying back in 05 that boxing will be back on mainstream TV before MMA, and now UFC is on FOX . and now its 2012 and there has been no significant growth at all. No new stars are being built, and it seems the only way a fighter can make money is if they fight Floyd or Manny, that shows you how horrible a business model boxing is.
    Hmmm the average boxing champion makes more money than the average MMA champion. A guy like Bradley who is virtually unknown to mainstream sport fans made 2.5 mil in his last fight, correct me if I'm wrong but I think that's higher than any fight purse in the history of MMA.

You say no new stars are created well look at the crowds Saul Alvarez and Julio Cesar Chavez Jr draw in mexico when they fight. And they're both in their early 20s.

Comment

Come on think bro .

Come on here before or after a major fight and see if your opinion changes when the website crashes from traffic .

Its common sense the nba website tends to be slow during the off season gee i wonder why

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
        I remember when I was on here back in 2005 and 06 and people were saying watch how big boxing grows because the internet just starting booming as a social hub with Myspace and other things, I remember people were saying back in 05 that boxing will be back on mainstream TV before MMA, and now UFC is on FOX . and now its 2012 and there has been no significant growth at all. No new stars are being built, and it seems the only way a fighter can make money is if they fight Floyd or Manny, that shows you how horrible a business model boxing is.

Oh so you keep bringing up mma now i see what we have here

Delusional redneck from sherdog hatin

Ufc on fox ? PVV's still suck and keep getting lower and lower mma is dwindling rapidly which is why your see all these shows in brazil now .

Sorry to say but the fad came and went . MMA needs a mike tyson to save the sport or something

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
          Hmmm the average boxing champion makes more money than the average MMA champion. A guy like Bradley who is virtually unknown to mainstream sport fans made 2.5 mil in his last fight, correct me if I'm wrong but I think that's higher than any fight purse in the history of MMA.

You say no new stars are created well look at the crowds Saul Alvarez and Julio Cesar Chavez Jr draw in mexico when they fight. And they're both in their early 20s.

He says no new stars being built .
          Dont argue with him that alone tells you hes a clueless idiot that does not follow this sport

Comment

no the issue is all the klitschko fanboys with 5 alts who answer their own threads & posts are banned. i think it's funny. that is why the threads are slow these days. there isn't 1700007578384754884 threads about the klitschkos anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post

james toney got $750000 to fight couture while randy got $250000 purse & $200000 win bonus...to think people laughed at toney.LOL! he was the only one laughing all the way to the bank!

Comment

Originally posted by FirePunch View Post
                He says no new stars being built .
                Dont argue with him that alone tells you hes a clueless idiot that does not follow this sport
                Yeah, I don't get that statement. Even if you want to focus on just American stars, you still have guys like Broner and Andre Ward who draw good crowds in their hometowns. When/if Ward ever switches to HBO I think he'll become a legit star. I can see him being marketed as a Sugar Ray Leonard type fighter. Clean cut, patriotic, and well spoken.

Comment

boxing is the only sport where you cant see the best compete against the best. That's a hard sport to sell.

Comment

Casual Sports fans don't care about boxing, unless it includes Mayweather or Pacquiao

Boxing will be in trouble once Mayweather and Pacquiao step away though, it will be a "DOWN PERIOD" but somebody new will emerge...HOPEFULLY, I don't see that next athlete consistently doing 1 Million PPV Buys like Mayweather and Pacquiao though

Networks and Promoters need step up how the promote fighters, UFC fighters are becoming more Popular then Boxers, UFC has Jon Jones as the face of their Brand and he is only 24 years old which means he is going to be around for a VERY LONG TIME and will continue to grow into a Superstar and a HUGE DRAW

Why haven't boxing been able to build up that "NEXT BIG THING" or create a buzz for that next big thing in boxing, even with them trying to HYPE Canelo...only boxing fans know Canelo, if you don't follow boxing you have no clue who he is
                    Last edited by KnockUTheFukOut; 04-14-2012, 06:26 PM.

Comment

Most NFL forums have super low activity, even during the season yet it produces some of the highest ratings in the world.

The internet usually shows how popular it is with the young crowd. Remember, UFC has always targeted that 18-24 demographic. Boxing doesn't target that demo.
                      Last edited by WARQUEZ; 04-14-2012, 06:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X