Mike Brown vs. Urijah Faber set for June 7 at WEC 41

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Brown vs. Urijah Faber set for June 7 at WEC 41

Mike Brown vs. Urijah Faber set for June 7 at WEC 41

A much discussed rematch between current WEC featherweight champion Mike Brown (17-4 MMA, 3-0 WEC) and the man from whom he took the belt, Urijah Faber (22-2 MMA, 7-1 WEC), has been signed according to a report from FiveOuncesOfPain.com.

The signing has since been confirmed by MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com).

According to the report, the bout will headline the as-yet-unannounced WEC 41 event on June 7 at the Arco Arena in Sacramento, Calif.

Brown defied conventional logic in the pair's November 2008 title bout, earning a first-round TKO victory over then-champion Faber. The American Top Team product has since defended the belt in a submission win over Leonard Garcia in the main event of March's WEC 39. The win marked the ninth-straight victory for the 33-year-old.

Faber had carried the WEC's featherweight belt since January 2007. "The California Kid" defended the belt successfully four times before suffering the TKO loss to Brown, a defeat that snapped a 13-fight win streak for the 29-year-old.

Faber rebounded from the loss to Brown with a 94-second submission win over Jens Pulver at "WEC 38: Varner vs. Cerrone" in January.

FiveOuncesOfPain.com is also reporting that despite previous comments by UFC President Dana White, WEC 41 is scheduled to air live on VERSUS.

Faber should be able to pull this one off if he doesn't try any flashy stuff. He can overwhelm Brown in the first.

My mind says: Urijah Faber via Decision
    My heart says: Urijah Faber via TKO
    My unyielding stomach churning feeling says: Mike Brown via TKO

Comment

Fabers best bet IMO is too push the pace as fast as he can and stay away from the flashy ****. Haven't seen Brown tested over 5 rounds which could work in Uriah's favour. I don't think he will outmuscle Brown early because he certainly didn't in their first meeting, but I think if he can get Brown to waste energy then he could snag the decision. But if he gets complacent Brown can certainly put him away.

Comment

Brown has seen it all in the cage, i think he's fighting at his absolute best right now. i think Brown will be motivated to prove to people his win was not a fluke.

Brown stops Faber in 2nd.

Comment

His last win against Garcia was amazing. Garcia is no slouch and had never been stopped prior to that. Huerta hit him with everything but the kitchen sink and couldn't get him to say uncle. Not saying Huerta is anything special, but if a bonfide 155lb fghter couldn't stop you it sows how much of a beast Brown is becoming at this weight. I honestly see Faber/Brown going to a trilogy regardless of the outcome of their rematch.

Comment

Faber wins easy, anyone who doesnt agree feel free to put points up

Comment

Faber should win this time.
              First time yea he got sloppy
              and caught. I'm sure he's watched the tape
              or at least he should have.
              Faber by UD

Comment

looking forward to this rematch.

Comment

im pumped for this one......hope faber takes him into deep water....if it goes more than 2 rounds i believe faber can withstand his power from there and take control.....wat would another 1st rd knockout loss do to faber i wonder??

Comment

Stand-up is the key to this fight for Faber. He needs to put on a similar boxing performance he did against Pulver. I think Brown might even have the edge on the ground.

Brown looks like he has bricks for feet, Faber needs to throw & kick from angles.

Comment

Working...
                    X