Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you deal with nerves the day of your fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have to become at one with the violence, it does get easier with time and experience. Understand and accept you are totally on your own, no one can help or do anything for you. You chose to put yourself in this position and its fully down to you to get yourself through it.

What I'm saying is you have to find your own way and in time you will, what works for that guy doesn't mean it will work for you. We are all different. It's natural and normal to ask hey what should I do, how should prepare and blah blah blah.

The only small thing I would say is to remember your opponent probably feels at least the same way or worse. He's just a man not a machine so there's nothing to worry about. As long as your clear in your conscience that you did everything you could to prepare, then the best man will always win.

But the harsh truth is your on your own and you have to find what works for you. And you will. You are what 3 fights in already and you got through those by yourself. It isn't going to get harder. Ok the fights will be tougher but your mental approach won't be.

I wish you all the best and want you to know that when you win it was all you.

Comment

Nerves are normal. I would get nervous as **** before my first 5 or 6 fights but then after that i calmed down a bit and judt got used to it, its all experience, once you get used to being in the ring and knowing you have done what you need to do in training to be there you get the confidence to think past your nerves and think about what need sto be done in the ring technique and game plan wise.

Confidence is power, confidence in yourself nd your abilities. Knowing you have put in the work gives you that confidence.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
        Look, so many people are going to give you advice on this subject and the reality is, it's up to the type of person you are.

I have fighters that are on the verge of getting sick leading up to a fight. I have other fighters that sleep and don't even think twice about it.

I used to get nervous, but once I got hit, everything was ok.

Experience is going to determine how you handle the nerves, the more you fight, the more familiar the whole experience is going to be.
        ^^^ this

I was never for some reason afraid to get hit or nervous about the violent aspect of boxing, that was natural for me to mix it up. What scared me was failing in front of the crowd and looking like a **** fighter. But once i got confidence in my boxing style i got over that. So that worked for me, but other people need a different approach.

Comment

My coaches always told me to leave emotions out of it, but there was no other way for me to deal with the anxiety. I would picture the man across from me as a demon that i need to tactically destroy with precision and rage.

Comment

Originally posted by Big BRICKS View Post
            My coaches always told me to leave emotions out of it, but there was no other way for me to deal with the anxiety. I would picture the man across from me as a demon that i need to tactically destroy with precision and rage.
            Perfect example of different approaches. I fight like complete **** if i fight angry, and that goes for the ring or the street. I need to think and be precise, even if i am feeling anger.

Comment

I thrive on em. Its better to have them than not in the beginning of any competition.

Comment

meditation and breathing exercises relax me a lot.

Comment

breathing exercises. they won't eliminate nerves (which would be counter productive in my opinion, we need to be nervous) but they will help you stay relaxed.

Comment

Originally posted by Max Mad View Post
                    meditation and breathing exercises relax me a lot.
                    i guess I should have read the thread before i responded. good post.

Comment

a beer or two usually does the trick for me

Comment

Working...
                      X