Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya: GGG Has To 'Earn His Spot' To Get Canelo Trilogy!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: De La Hoya: GGG Has To 'Earn His Spot' To Get Canelo Trilogy!

Golden Boy Promotions might be putting the final touches on Canelo Alvarez's next contract, widely believed to be a light heavyweight showdown against Sergey Kovalev. But one Canelo counterpart who'll always be looming in the near distance as a palatable opponent is Gennadiy Golovkin.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Canelo didn’t really earn his win and draw with GGG

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
      Canelo didn’t really earn his win and draw with GGG
      Maybe he should’ve lost the first one, but he certainly earned the W in the rematch.

Came forward the entire fight and had Abel whispering sweet nothings in GGGs ear about how he was losing the fight.
      Last edited by JLC; 09-11-2019, 07:56 AM.

Comment

We still talking about this bs. Either fight GGG or don't, but quit the bs.

Who gots the resume GGG has besides Canelo at 160. First in line to deserving a shot at Canelo is GGG & thats without even bringing up the two neck to neck fights they had where half to most fans thought GGG won either fight.

Comment

Originally posted by JLC View Post
          Maybe he should’ve lost the first one, but he certainly earned the W in the rematch.

Came forward the entire fight and had Abel whispering sweet nothings in GGGs ear about how he was losing the fight.
          The funny thing is the consensus seems to be he shoulda lost the 2nd fight too.

Heres the media scores from the Boxrec page.

Ryan O'Hara, FightNights.com: 116-112 Golovkin
          ESPN.com: 116-112 Golovkin
          Harold Lederman, HBO: 116-112 Golovkin
          Bobby Davis, The13thRound.com: 116-112 Golovkin
          Associated Press: 114-114
          BoxingScene.com: 114-114
          I had it 7-5 GGG. And the cat I met at the closed circuit event who knew boxing well (1st time I wasn't with a casual) looked shook & iirc he had it 8-4 GGG.

Im sure if you looked up most scorecards from that time there is a GGG lean in both fights with 51%+ of people who watched the fight.

Just off THAT controversy this fight has enough drama for a trilogy fight.

Comment

I can see De La Hoya’s point if Canelo had (2) lopsided decision wins or stoppages against GGG, but not (1) draw and (1) highly contested decision win. What’s more important is if the fans want to see a trilogy and if it will sell again because GGG’s has certainly warranted a 3rd fight based off his performance in the 1st two fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
              The funny thing is the consensus seems to be he shoulda lost the 2nd fight too.

Heres the media scores from the Boxrec page.

I had it 7-5 GGG. And the cat I met at the closed circuit event who knew boxing well (1st time I wasn't with a casual) looked shook & iirc he had it 8-4 GGG.

Im sure if you looked up most scorecards from that time there is a GGG lean in both fights with 51%+ of people who watched the fight.

Just off THAT controversy this fight has enough drama for a trilogy fight.
              Ggg is a media darling, all those guys have been hyping him up for years and wanted GGG to win. Their is no secret about that. So of course they are going to score a close fight to the guy they wanted to win.

Why do people quote their scorecards like they matter? Most fighters and trainers had Canelo winning.

Comment

Oscar does realize he's not dealing with Tom Loeffler anymore, right? Pulling this "I'm da A side" sheit isn't going to work with Eddie Hearn. Eddie, like many other spoiled white rich kids, will "take his toys and go home" so to speak, if you don't play how he wants to play.

Comment

Originally posted by mcdonalds View Post
                  Ggg is a media darling, all those guys have been hyping him up for years and wanted GGG to win. Their is no secret about that. So of course they are going to score a close fight to the guy they wanted to win.

Why do people quote their scorecards like they matter? Most fighters and trainers had Canelo winning.
                  How can he be a media darling when nobody knows who Lil g is and he only has 97k fans?

Comment

Comments thread for De La Hoya. GGG has to AGE MORE to earn his spot. 1st 2 robberies were a bit too wide to hide.

Comment

Working...
                    X