No announcement yet.

Work out schedule suggestions???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Work out schedule suggestions???

I am a 19 year old University student and I want to start training for boxing this summer when I return home. I know it's kinda late to start but I really don't care. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on a diet Iand a work-out schedule that I could work on for the next few months? I'm 6'3''. 173, I'm not extremely lanky though...

Thanks for your help

a.jesus

Run. My coach won't let people spar untill they can run 3, 7 min miles. Back to back. Cut out carbonation from soda pop and stuff because it will hurt your lung capacity. Also if you can quit smoking and drinking it helps a ton.

Comment

Originally posted by a.jesus
      I am a 19 year old University student and I want to start training for boxing this summer when I return home. I know it's kinda late to start but I really don't care. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on a diet Iand a work-out schedule that I could work on for the next few months? I'm 6'3''. 173, I'm not extremely lanky though...

Thanks for your help

a.jesus

ya, go to www.rossboxing.com

Order the boxing book
      Best boxing book you can find, and the guy is full of knowledge and will sent u a newsletter with all the past ones, with LOTS of info.

Comment

Running is definitely the first and foremost thing to do. If you are serious, boxing takes a lot of dedication. I am 28 and I am starting now so 19 isn't late. Also that's a great height for your weight. Try not to put on too much weight.

Diet: Drink lots of water. Drink even more when working out. Try and stay away from crap. Other than that I am not dietician.

Workout:
        Run 3 - 5 miles a day six days a week. (This is key!)
        Find out how many push ups you can do before you fail. Do 1/3 that number for four sets. Up it by five per set once this gets easy.
        Do squats. Start out with your toes on a raised platform (3 inches high) and squat until your quads are parallel with the floor and your heel sinks below your toes. Do several sets of this.
        Don't shadow box. Let whomever will train you show you how to throw correct punches before you start learning bad habits.

Comment

Don't forget the jumping rope

Comment

Just to get in shape: running, swimming and skipping is great.

Comment

Working...
            X