Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does having a religion make you better at boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does having a religion make you better at boxing?

I've noticed there are alot of religious boxers. Boxers who actually are religious.
    I've noticed that even the top boxers are religious and thank their gods after wins.

I don't have a religion and I've noticed I am low on spirit and self confidence sometimes when I fight during sparring. Do people who box and have a religion have more spirit
    and motivation when they fight thus they have more mental toughness and ability for when they fight? They believe that they will win?

are there any boxers who do not have a religion that are top boxers?

fact, yes.

Comment

Believing in Jesus actually gives you a bigger penis also.

FACT!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Titchmarsh View Post
        Believing in Jesus actually gives you a bigger penis also.

FACT!!!
        The Pope has a super schlong.

Except he cannot use it.

Irony.

Comment

Originally posted by Barndog View Post
          The Pope has a super schlong.

Except he cannot use it.

Irony.
          That's karma for all the times he arse raped little choir boys.

I reckon he still knocks one out every now and again over the virgin Mary.

Comment

Religious faith can motivate people to do many things, mass suicides, genocide, torture and murder of those who are thought to be heretics or witches, support of evil regime and goverment etc.

As a matter of fact religious faith has always been a tool to get the ignorant masses to do the will of the powerful. So sure, boxers can use religious faith to motivate themselves and beat this **** out of someone, religion and violence go hand in hand.

I have no religion, and think religious faith is one of the biggest obstacle to human progress. I dont need superstition and myths or a " baby-killing, kitten-drowning, slavery-condoning, genocide-commanding sadistic god" to motivate myself.

Actually what motivates me is self belief and the ability to make choices and think for myself. Boxing is an individual sport so self belief is just as important as believing in a non-existent god.

Comment

Originally posted by Trrmo View Post
              Religious faith can motivate people to do many things, mass suicides, genocide, torture and murder of those who are thought to be heretics or witches, support of evil regime and goverment etc.

As a matter of fact religious faith has always been a tool to get the ignorant masses to do the will of the powerful. So sure, boxers can use religious faith to motivate themselves and beat this **** out of someone, religion and violence go hand in hand.

I have no religion, and think religious faith is one of the biggest obstacle to human progress. I dont need superstition and myths or a " baby-killing, kitten-drowning, slavery-condoning, genocide-commanding sadistic god" to motivate myself.

Actually what motivates me is self belief and the ability to make choices and think for myself. Boxing is an individual sport so self belief is just as important as believing in a non-existent god.
              Jesus still loves you.

Comment

Originally posted by nirojsri View Post
                I've noticed there are alot of religious boxers. Boxers who actually are religious.
                I've noticed that even the top boxers are religious and thank their gods after wins.

I don't have a religion and I've noticed I am low on spirit and self confidence sometimes when I fight during sparring. Do people who box and have a religion have more spirit
                and motivation when they fight thus they have more mental toughness and ability for when they fight? They believe that they will win?

are there any boxers who do not have a religion that are top boxers?
                religion is great and helps me with boxing sometimes i guess but you shouldnt be looking for a religion to solely help you in boxing, its means so much more than that
                Last edited by KostyaTszyu44; 11-30-2008, 03:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Trrmo View Post

money has made people do these things too....do you think money is a bad thing??

religion is like many things, great if used properly but easily abused by bad people

Comment

Originally posted by KostyaTszyu44 View Post
                    money has made people do these things too....do you think money is a bad thing??

religion is like many things, great if used properly but easily abused by bad people
                    Money is different than religion, money is neutral unit of exchange to obtain or store wealth.

Money doesnt tell people what they should think or how they should behave.

Comment

Working...
                    X