No announcement yet.

Combinations...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Combinations...

You guys got some good combo's for heavy bag training? What combo's do you guys use? I got the basic combos done but I'm trying to add some new elements to my repertoire...

Thanks....

Some of my favorites are; double jab short right uppercut to the solar-plexus, cross left hook to the body left hook to the head, straight right jab left uppercut left hook, hook off the jab cross, uppercut off the jab cross left hook to the body.

Comment

Originally posted by ANT_P1989 View Post
      Some of my favorites are; double jab short right uppercut to the solar-plexus, cross left hook to the body left hook to the head, straight right jab left uppercut left hook, hook off the jab cross, uppercut off the jab cross left hook to the body.
      That's too complicated for me. Can you simply it?...

Comment

Try jab body then head followed by a cross, jab cross hook to body then head, jab right body ucut left body ucut then cross...not as complicated as it seems take it slow until you get them down...also its important to keep in mind that when your hitting the bag you have to improvise.

Comment

Originally posted by ANT_P1989 View Post
          I hope it's only for heavy bag, it wouldn't be smart to do that kinda combos on boxers.

Comment

some good advanced combos i started learning after i got the 1-1-2's and 1-2-3's down, moving and attacking of angles is the advanced part.

1-2-5-2-pr
            1-2f-3b-3pl (ex.)
            1-2-3-3b-1pl

1-1f-6-3-3b-1pl
            1-2b-3-2-1pl
            1-3-2-pr

1-2-pr-4-5b-pr
            1-2-3pl-6b-1pl
            1-4pr-5b-4-1pr
            1-1pr-4b-6-3pl

[1=jab, 2=right cross, 3=left hook, 4=right hook, 5=left uppercut, 6=right uppercut]

[p=pivot, b=body f=feint, l&r= left and right]

ex. combination #2= jab, fake a right hand, left hook to the body, left hook to the head as you pivot left (check hook).

1pl means u jab and pivot at the same time, 2-pr means you first throw the right then pivot right afterwards.

not every punch is meant to be thrown with power but rather to create an opening and distract your oponent, and then you release the power. power punches are red.

dont try to learn all these at once, try them out and see which ones fit you and your style, i noticed after writing them down some are a bit similar so just find out which ones work for you. i did rank them in order of how hard they are so you should start at the top though.
            Last edited by #1Assassin; 08-26-2011, 06:42 AM.

Comment

i will tell you some i use

double jab straight right

1 2 left hook

left hook right hand

jab to the body straight right to the head

a good combo to master is double jab while moving to your left then straight right l.hook

another good one is jab to the head and the trow a L.hook to the body

Comment

Thanks to everyone whose contributed; I'll be working on some of these combinations this weekend...

Comment

there are tons of combos...if u know the basics u can figure the combos...just remember always to not only throw punches at the bag..but also move around it...i see lots jus hitten it standen still..move move move....lol work the top and the bottom...jus to say tho one of my favs is the jab/upper jab/left hook/right str8

Comment

1-2 left hook to the body
                    1-2-3(left hook)
                    jab feint, str8 to the body then a left hook, pivoting to the right side
                    jab(1)-right uppercut(6)- left hook
                    do combos your off of 1-2's like 1-2-4 (left uppercut) dip to the left. a really good easy combo
                    Last edited by Mohammedini; 08-26-2011, 08:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X