No announcement yet.

Two foreigners...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
    It's an embarrassment to American boxing fans.

If it wasn't for the large Hispanic population boxing would be dead in the U.S.

You don't really believe this do you?

Check rating and attendance from the Porter-Garcia fight and the competing Mexican card on HBO

Comment

Not embarrassing at all. Americans are going to support who they support regardless of ethnicity. We arent prejudice like the rest of the world.
      It is something to note that you have a huge name from Mexico and a huge name from Boratville and of all the places to fight they choose to fight in the greatest country in the land the United States of America.
      Interesting

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post

You don't really believe this do you?

Check rating and attendance from the Porter-Garcia fight and the competing Mexican card on HBO
        Danny Garcia is Hispanic.

Comment

Danny Garcia is Hispanic.
          Ok. Do you want me to post all the Barclay's attendance and the stubhub/forum attendance where mostly Mexicans fight? Do you know which cities usually get the highest ratings for boxing? New Orleans is one of the highest. When you breakdown the ratings city by city most of the cities in the top 10 are majority black cities.

Comment

Ok. Do you want me to post all the Barclay's attendance and the stubhub/forum attendance where mostly Mexicans fight? Do you know which cities usually get the highest ratings for boxing? New Orleans is one of the highest. When you breakdown the ratings city by city most of the cities in the top 10 are majority black cities.
            Be real. How many fights are actually being held in New Orleans on a regular basis?

Freaking Regis Prograis is from there and he only just had his first fight in New Orleans this past July.

The West Coast has the most thriving boxing scene that is keeping the sport alive in the U.S. In terms of fighters, trainers, and attendance.

Although some of the big East Coast and Texas cities contribute as well.

Comment

Be real. How many fights are actually being held in New Orleans on a regular basis?

Freaking Regis Prograis is from there and he only just had his first fight in New Orleans this past July.

The West Coast has the most thriving boxing scene that is keeping the sport alive in the U.S. In terms of fighters, trainers, and attendance.

Although some of the big East Coast and Texas cities contribute as well.
              Not many. But ratings count as support, right? The east coast and midwest has a thriving boxing scene to. I live in Cincinnati and there's at least a local card a month here. Pro and amateurs. And I'm not counting the whole state. These are a couple breakdowns by city

Top Markets household rating/share:

Cincinnati, 4.1/8
              Oklahoma City, 3.4/6
              New Orleans, 3.2/5
              Tulsa, 3.0/6
              Greenville, 2.9/5
              Albuquerque, 2.8/6
              Baltimore, 2.8/5
              Las Vegas, 2.7/5
              Sacramento, 2.7/6
              San Antonio, 2.7/5.

https://sportstvratings.com/pbc-boxi...premiere/2880/

The second co-main event (Ramirez vs. Reed) averaged a 0.7 metered market average, making it eighth highest-rated boxing event for cable television in 2017

– Birmingham was the top local market, where the telecast averaged a 8.2 metered market rating, including a 10.8 rating during the first main event

– New Orleans was the second highest-rated local market, where the telecast averaged a 4.3 metered market rating
              https://*********.com/espn-boxing-do...v-ratings/8499
              What you're repeating is a common misconception

Comment

Not many. But ratings count as support, right? The east coast and midwest has a thriving boxing scene to. I live in Cincinnati and there's at least a local card a month here. Pro and amateurs. And I'm not counting the whole state. These are a couple breakdowns by city

What you're repeating is a common misconception
                Those are ratings for one specific show. Which happened to feature Cincinnati's own Adrian Broner.

Comment

Those are ratings for one specific show. Which happened to feature Cincinnati's own Adrian Broner.
                  Those were several shows. You aren't even reading the info I'm providing you.

Comment

I would not call Mexicans foreigners in the wastern U.S they are right at home.

Comment

Originally posted by eternalfighter View Post
                      I would not call Mexicans foreigners in the wastern U.S they are right at home.
                      You are a foreigner if you don't speak the language.
                      You learn the language of any country, you learn the culture.

Comment

Working...
                      X