View Single Post
Old 02-19-2016, 02:34 PM #17
-Antonio-

Quoted: 728 Post(s)
-Antonio- has a reputation beyond repute-Antonio- has a reputation beyond repute-Antonio- has a reputation beyond repute-Antonio- has a reputation beyond repute-Antonio- has a reputation beyond repute-Antonio- has a reputation beyond repute-Antonio- has a reputation beyond repute-Antonio- has a reputation beyond repute-Antonio- has a reputation beyond repute-Antonio- has a reputation beyond repute-Antonio- has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,000,000,007,480,407.25
Great poster/member! - jazluvr good poster - sugarsmosley 

Quote:
Originally Posted by res View Post
I don't think a championship fight was where she should have tried out a technique that she is probably a novice at, against a fighter with that kind of movement. And let's remember that she did get Holly in the clinch up against the fence just a little over a minute into the fight. And after a certain amount of punishment i'm sure she was just running on instinct
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKM- View Post
Actually Ronda had several takedown attempts and even armbar attempts. Nothing worked. Holly is too good.
I can concede that Holly is just better than Rousey. One thing I think Holm had going for her is she is arguably stronger than Rousey is. She stuffed one Judo take down Ronda tried, and got up from the other.

You could argue the mistakes she made were from being tired. I just remember a certain point late in the 1st round where Ronda repeatedly walked into Holm's straight lefts. Maybe that's all Rousey is. I've heard that her knee issues are why she cant train take downs as much. If she plans on beating Holm that may be her only shot. Because the judo take downs it seems Holly is to mobile and too strong.
-Antonio- is offline   Reply With Quote