Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who was the most impressive up-and-coming heavyweight in 2012?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would probably say Price and Pulev. I'm not sure about Glazkov because Tor Hamer has never impressed me. Abdusalamov was up there til the McCline fight but that fight raised a few concerns for me.

Comment

Forgot about and didn't see Pulev, another who impressed me.

Comment

If Pulev beats Adamek, on top of the other couple contenders he's beaten, let him fight Wlad. I mean he'll be as ready as he'll ever be.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
          If Pulev beats Adamek, on top of the other couple contenders he's beaten, let him fight Wlad. I mean he'll be as ready as he'll ever be.
          Yes, he'll be better qualified for a title shot than anybody else.

In fact he may already be.

Pulev will give Wlad a more difficult fight than Povetkin. Sasha is a good fighter but he's tailor-made for Wlad.

Comment

I'm a fan of Price, but I don't see how anyone can say he's been the most impressive up-and-coming HW in 2012. The guy hasn't been tested once; if anything, he's regressed.

I blame Maloney.

Anyway, I voted Pulev.

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post
              I'm a fan of Price, but I don't see how anyone can say he's been the most impressive up-and-coming HW in 2012. The guy hasn't been tested once; if anything, he's regressed.

I blame Maloney.

Anyway, I voted Pulev.
              You're right.

I think Price is capable of beating most of the better heavyweights, but I don't like the way Maloney has failed to 1) keep him active by times and 2) be willing/able to pay for better quality opponents for Price.

That being said, Thompson is the right choice as his next opponent.

Comment

What HW impressed me the most this year? Bryant Jennings easily.

Comment

Wilder could be a possible force to be reckoned with!

Comment

Bryant Jennings....should be no suprise with my pick....I also took a interest in big David Price...dude been beasting his opponents

Comment

Pulev by far. Fury and Glazkov have also impressed.

Comment

Working...
                      X