Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you let your young children watch cartoons??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I let junior watch spongebob so now I can't buy sponges cuz he won't stop talking to them.

Sick ****

Comment

Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
      However my 6 month old daughter lays on her playmat, and watches football

She just likes all the movement and colors.
      Lol

Man I was watching the Lions game with my wife and daughter and every time I got excited about anything she said touchdown while making the hitler sign instead of 2 arms up. I almost had a heart attack laughing so hard.

Comment

Originally posted by Cigarillo View Post
        Lol

Man I was watching the Lions game with my wife and daughter and every time I got excited about anything she said touchdown while making the hitler sign instead of 2 arms up. I almost had a heart attack laughing so hard.
        lmaooooooooooo the Hitler sign wtf

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
          I let junior watch spongebob so now I can't buy sponges cuz he won't stop talking to them.

Sick ****
          buy Junior some real toys

Comment

any of you guys with kids familiar with the work of hayao miyazaki?

he's a national treasure in japan. he's an animator and filmaker. most of his movies are for kids. they're some of the best children's movies you will ever see. i dont throw the word around lightly, but miyazaki is a genius.

start with "my neighbor totoro" and work your way up.

Comment

As a parent. My daughter (2 years old) gets 1 hour of TV a day if that. Thats it. During years 1-5 is when kid is the most impressionable. Kids pick up on shyt they arent dumb.
              i agree with setting a limit for how much kids watch. any parent who wouldnt set a limit for how much TV their 2 year old watches isnt much of a parent in my book. but not letting them camp out by the TV all day and scouting kids shows are two diffrent things.

bottom line is kids are always gonna get outside impressions, you cant avoid that and if you try you will do more harm to your kids than the outside stuff would to begin with. what you do as a parent is decide when a kid is ready to be introduced to certain stuff and explain it to them when the time is right.

a show thats made for kids is fine as far as im concerned, ofcourse there are gonna be things in them you dont agree with. just explain that to your kid, even at 2 years of age shes old enough to realize that ppl have diffrent opinions. as long as she respects your opinion over anyone elses you will be fine and at her age that shouldnt be a problem. lay down the law, just bcuz she saw something on TV doesnt mean shes allowed to do it. she wont like it for sure, but thats childhood.
              Last edited by #1Assassin; 09-25-2012, 12:37 PM.

Comment

Comment

I can relate with Cigarillo .. kids are the most vulnerable in their early stages. and you have to be cautious what's getting through to them. at the age of 2 they're like sponges and can retain a whole lot of information without appearing to.

I have a nine year old and I don't let her watch too much t.v. maybe a little after homework is done. she mostly likes Art and painting so i'm always at staples picking up art stuff just so my baby is happy.

Comment

My sister doesn't let my niece watch cartoons and won't do until she's 6 or 7. She says the reason is that the language children programming promotes is goo goo gaa gaa bull****.

No wonder why our children are so thick when they have only the Teletubbies going 'eh oh po' to teach them haha!!!

Comment

I don't let my daughter watch any tv show that I havent checked out yet.

So Im watching Dora The Explorer and this little chick is traveling the world by her youngself with a monkey named boots? No parents, no accountability, no school, no nothing. Just care free nonsense.

And this other show called Caliou. I mean he has to be the BADDEST little kid ever. So mischevious and shyt. And his parents are clowns. He whines non stop and tells his parents what to do.

Fuck that.

burns,

what are you gonna tell your kids about religion?

Comment

Working...
                      X