Prayers go out for Emanuel Steward

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prayers go out for Emanuel Steward

Prayers go out for 'Godfather of Boxing' Emanuel Steward

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...#ixzz27RN3vsTN

Walled Lake — Former boxing champion Thomas Hearns called Emanuel Steward the "Godfather of Boxing."

That is why about 50 members of the boxing community joined in afternoon prayer Sunday at the Orchard Grove Community Church to pray for recovery from an undisclosed stomach ailment for Kronk's Godfather and boxing trainer.

Steward is in a Chicago area hospital following surgery last week. Many in boxing know the disease that has disabled Steward, but in holding to the spirit of the boxing community they have refused to reveal what ails him.

Asking for prayers

However, there are a number of people who know the ailment and want full disclosure. They want the public to know the severity of Steward's ailment in hopes the entire community rallies around him.

All we know is Steward is seriously ill and told his manager Anita Ruiz that he wants people to pray for him. The family said a nervous stomach disorder turned into diverticulosis. But that is not a disease usually associated with prayer services.

Sunday was a somber afternoon filled with smiles, tears and prayers.

"I'm not privileged to speak on his behalf. This is not something I need to do," said former boxing champion Thomas Hearns, who trained under Steward. "I am not going to answer any questions about that. I think again it is nothing for me to say. I don't really have an answer."

Ruiz also remained coy. She said she speaks to Steward frequently and that he asked the community to pray for him.

"I believe that God heals," she said. "I believe in prayer. Emanuel said we need to pray. He was very strong in that. It is hard for him to say anything else right now."

Ruiz was asked what ails Steward.

"Whatever the family wants to release I respect that," she said. "We are here today because we are a boxing family and community."

Prayers do go out to Steward. Here's to hoping he makes a full recovery. One of the true legends of the sport.

Comment

Not a fan of Steward! But wish him well all the same.

Comment

So he doesn't have cancer? I'm wishing him the best.

Comment

Get better E Steward.

Comment

Hearns sounds like the situation is really serious.

Comment

Get well soon, Manny!!

Comment

I hope he gets better. IDK this is strange, I never heard about him being sick but it sounds like something very serious that could kill him.

Comment

get well fast steward.

Comment

My prayers are with him.

If this was diverticulitis or whatever Brock Lesnar had, this is very painful, they had to remove half of Lesnars colon.

I think this disease happens when you don't eat enough fiber or lack the good bacteria in the intestines? so it causes pouches.

To prevent this stuff from happening,

I suggest you guys eat a lot of fiber and green veggies and not just red meat, eat lots of broccoli, and if you can try to drink the whole psylium husk seeds not that powder metamucil stuff.

And take good probiotics everyday they have a lot of good pills on the market if you cant eat yogurt all the time you can get pills, and sauerkraut is one of the best for good bacteria add that to your hotdogs, or steaks.

you have to have fiber to flush out the toxins in the colon and you need probiotics to line the intestine with good bacteria that helps fight disease and bad stuff in your colon and intestines.

Comment

Working...
                    X