View Single Post
Old 06-11-2012, 10:26 PM #17
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Wiley Hyena has a reputation beyond reputeWiley Hyena has a reputation beyond reputeWiley Hyena has a reputation beyond reputeWiley Hyena has a reputation beyond reputeWiley Hyena has a reputation beyond reputeWiley Hyena has a reputation beyond reputeWiley Hyena has a reputation beyond reputeWiley Hyena has a reputation beyond reputeWiley Hyena has a reputation beyond reputeWiley Hyena has a reputation beyond reputeWiley Hyena has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 285,952.69

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
Terrible news. I'm saddened by this.

Teˇfilo was from my hometown in Cuba. I never met him, but some of my aunts and uncles knew him.

Stevenson was a hero of mine as a child. I remember watching him dismantle other heavyweights during the 1976 Olympics. He made me proud.

Teˇfilo is regarded as one of the greatest amateur boxers of all time, having won three Olympic gold medals. I don't know if he would've become world champion during the strong heavyweight era he fought in, but it's testament to his ability that his name is even mentioned.

Farewell, Teˇ. Thank you for the memories. And thank you for the pride you wrought in me.
He was something. In his 30s and 40s and still in the olympics beating up the teenagers. Castro's pride and joy. RIP
Wiley Hyena is offline   Reply With Quote