i jogged 4 miles this morning

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i jogged 4 miles this morning

is that good?

when it comes to jogging, is there a specific pace i should keep? i jogged 4 miles this morning (the most ive ever done), but surprisingly at the end of it, i wasnt THAT sweaty... i figured id be much more sweaty but i wasnt. it could have been the weather though keeping my cool as it was a little chilly

i also would like to ask if jogging at 5am, before breakfast is good? ive heard its one of the best things you can do. is that true?

as for my pace, i did the 4 miles in maybe around 30-35 minutes...is that slow and should i pick up the pace?

overall was this a good cardio workout?

Jogging at anytime except for right after meals (while your body is digesting) is a good thing.

As for before 5am, it is useful to be well hydrated before you run, most folks tend to be needing a drink first thing in the morning. So I'd advise a good watery drink at least half an hour before you do go out.

As for your pace, it all depends on your age, weight, fitness and how hilly your run is. I tend to think of between 7.5-8 minutes per mile on the flat as being a passible jogging pace for a 'relatively' fit guy under 175Lbs. But if your route has hills this will extend the running time. An 8 minute mile pace would bring you in at 32 mins.

If you are just looking to keep yourself in good order, yes this is fine. But if you are wanting to compete in......amateur boxing or local running events, then you should really be aiming for at least 6-7 minute miles (circa 26 mins) for the four mile distance.

Comment

Originally posted by gratz_the_king View Post
      is that good?

when it comes to jogging, is there a specific pace i should keep? i jogged 4 miles this morning (the most ive ever done), but surprisingly at the end of it, i wasnt THAT sweaty... i figured id be much more sweaty but i wasnt. it could have been the weather though keeping my cool as it was a little chilly

i also would like to ask if jogging at 5am, before breakfast is good? ive heard its one of the best things you can do. is that true?

as for my pace, i did the 4 miles in maybe around 30-35 minutes...is that slow and should i pick up the pace?

overall was this a good cardio workout?
      4 miles in 30 min is a good pace. Thats what I would do and I am shorter @ 5'6

Comment

treadmill or outside?

Comment

heres some more info on the run

im 185 and 5'11 and in realtively good condition. im not really fat or anything. im also not stranger to strenous workouts like jumping rope and other things, but i am kind of a noobie at running

i ran out side on a flat surface and on a track. this was at 5 am ...before i went i made sure to have a cup of water

as of right now im not looking to compete, just trying to get a little shredded

im also 23

thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by gratz_the_king View Post
            heres some more info on the run

im 185 and 5'11 and in realtively good condition. im not really fat or anything. im also not stranger to strenous workouts like jumping rope and other things, but i am kind of a noobie at running

i ran out side on a flat surface and on a track. this was at 5 am ...before i went i made sure to have a cup of water

as of right now im not looking to compete, just trying to get a little shredded

im also 23

thanks.
            If you want to tone up then do fartlings once or twice a week as well as jogging.

Comment

Hi Gratz, yea.....for a 185Lb guy 30 mins for 4 miles for a guy of your age is a good starting point. Obviously you say 30-35 mins, but if you try to peg it to around the 30 min mark, its a good yard stick.

You'll know if you are training hard by the effort you put in, how out of breath you are etc. Keep it going and always time your runs with a stopwatch and if possible keep it to a measured track or measured 4 mile distance. You'll feel great when you start to beat your own times......and you'll start losing pounds as you do as well.

Comment

Working...
              X