Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, Lebron is already better than Jordan?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, Lebron is already better than Jordan?

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...14#post4562414

potential wise yes. I think Lebron at 23 years old is much better than Jordan was at 23. But obviously you can't compare their whole careers because Jordan obviously kills lebron in that department.

you have to also remember that Jordan never faced the amount of great teams that Lebron is facing every night now. The Utah Jazz were probably the best team Jordan faced during his 6 world titles but you can't tell me that those Jazz would have beaten today's Celtics. ain't no way.

Jordan was/is the greatest of all-time but the marketing machine that the NBA and Nike put behind Jordan made him seem like a god and we're still feeling the effects of that today. I still watch about 20-30 of Jordan's regular season and playoff games on NBAtv every year, and I have to say, as great as he was, watching him doesn't impress me as much as watching Lebron play.

Comment

Originally posted by kswizzy99 View Post
      potential wise yes. I think Lebron at 23 years old is much better than Jordan was at 23. But obviously you can't compare their whole careers because Jordan obviously kills lebron in that department.

you have to also remember that Jordan never faced the amount of great teams that Lebron is facing every night now. The Utah Jazz were probably the best team Jordan faced during his 6 world titles but you can't tell me that those Jazz would have beaten today's Celtics. ain't no way.

Jordan was/is the greatest of all-time but the marketing machine that the NBA and Nike put behind Jordan made him seem like a god and we're still feeling the effects of that today. I still watch about 20-30 of Jordan's regular season and playoff games on NBAtv every year, and I have to say, as great as he was, watching him doesn't impress me as much as watching Lebron play.

I have Kareem as the greatest ever. But Lebron at 23 better than Jordan at 23?

Give Jordan the same team Bron took to the finals and they don't get swept.

The 93 Suns with Barkley, KJ, Marjele, etc weren't a great team?
      The 92 Blazers with Clyde, Porter, Duckworth, Robinson etc weren't a great team?

Jordan at 23 put in 37 a game, had over 200 steals and over 100 blocks.

When was the last time anyone did that?

When Jordan was 23.

I agree with your marketing statement though, it put him on a level so far above anyone else, its actually ridiculous.

Comment

Not to get off topic, but I was looking at Jordan's stat page at his salary....

The Bulls were practically robbing the guy.

Comment

Originally posted by DarchinyFAN View Post
          Not to get off topic, but I was looking at Jordan's stat page at his salary....

The Bulls were practically robbing the guy.
          yea, at some point, he was only making 3 mil a season I think. Then he basically said, "**** YOU PAY ME", and got something like 28 per.

Even though I'm a Laker fan, it was pretty cool to see a dynasty like the Bulls. I had always wanted to see some dominance after learning about the Celtics of the 60s.

Comment

Originally posted by El Gallo Negro! View Post

I have Kareem as the greatest ever. But Lebron at 23 better than Jordan at 23?

Give Jordan the same team Bron took to the finals and they don't get swept.

The 93 Suns with Barkley, KJ, Marjele, etc weren't a great team?
            The 92 Blazers with Clyde, Porter, Duckworth, Robinson etc weren't a great team?

Jordan at 23 put in 37 a game, had over 200 steals and over 100 blocks.

When was the last time anyone did that?

When Jordan was 23.

I agree with your marketing statement though, it put him on a level so far above anyone else, its actually ridiculous.
            You can't possibly rate any of the teams that Jordan faced higher than the Pistons, Celtics and Spurs that Lebron faced.

Jordan averaged 37 but Lebron would have averaged 45+ playing in that era. Thats why wilt isn't considered the greatest even though he averaged 50 and had some 100 pt games because he was playing against centers that were on average 6'7 while he was 7'1.

the second best SG in Jordan's era was Mitch Richmond. and he was basically the ONLY other great SG in the NBA and there were no others that could challenge Jordan defensively or offensively.

Lebron faces a defensive and offensive struggle almost every night against far more talented players that are playing more complexe defensive schemes than Jordan had to deal with.

Comment

Originally posted by kswizzy99 View Post
              You can't possibly rate any of the teams that Jordan faced higher than the Pistons, Celtics and Spurs that Lebron faced.

Jordan averaged 37 but Lebron would have averaged 45+ playing in that era. Thats why wilt isn't considered the greatest even though he averaged 50 and had some 100 pt games because he was playing against centers that were on average 6'7 while he was 7'1.

the second best SG in Jordan's era was Mitch Richmond. and he was basically the ONLY other great SG in the NBA and there were no others that could challenge Jordan defensively or offensively.

Lebron faces a defensive and offensive struggle almost every night against far more talented players that are playing more complexe defensive schemes than Jordan had to deal with.
              Woulda, coulda, shouldas don't mean **** to me.
              But lets get this straight, Bron faced one team in the finals, not three. Portland and the Suns were incredibly badass teams during that era. They made it to the finals for a reason. Bron made it to the finals during one of the easts weaker periods.

lol Bron at 23 better than Jordan? Dude isn't even better than a 23 year old Kobe.

lmao, 45 per back in the 80s and 90s when defenses were 100 times more physical. Bill Laimbeer would have pushed Brons **** in. Rodman would have carved him up real nice in the paint. Zo would feast on Lebron coming into the lane. You're seriously overestimating his worth right now.

Comment

Originally posted by El Gallo Negro! View Post
                Woulda, coulda, shouldas don't mean **** to me.
                But lets get this straight, Bron faced one team in the finals, not three. Portland and the Suns were incredibly badass teams during that era. They made it to the finals for a reason. Bron made it to the finals during one of the easts weaker periods.

lol Bron at 23 better than Jordan? Dude isn't even better than a 23 year old Kobe.

lmao, 45 per back in the 80s and 90s when defenses were 100 times more physical. Bill Laimbeer would have pushed Brons **** in. Rodman would have carved him up real nice in the paint. Zo would feast on Lebron coming into the lane. You're seriously overestimating his worth right now.
                No one feasts on Lebron especially then. I could shoot out 10 big names that lebron has to deal with for every name that you put up. Lebron faces FAR greater talent than Jordan ever had to.

and those aren't "could woulda shoulda's" that I stated because if each era wasn't put in its place, Jordan would not be considered the greatest. Jordan didn't have the best individual numbers nor did he win the most championships. But because he played in a better era, Jordan's accomplishments were elevated. And just as Jordan's accomplishments were elevated for the era that he played in, so should Lebron's.
                Last edited by -Swizzy-; 01-07-2009, 03:32 AM.

Comment

magic johnson is the best ever.

who the fuck cares about jordan and lebron?

only stupid bulls fans because when jordan played was the only time the bulls mattered and cavaliers fans......well......because what else is there to care about in cleveland?

whenever this topic ever comes up on who's the best ever , i think about one thing.

in 1980 as a ROOKIE magic johnson won the nba finals mvp.

when kareem got hurt and couldn't play , magic played center and had 42 points , 15 rebounds , 7 assists and 3 steals. that's as a ROOKIE.

if magic's career wasn't cut short , i can only imagine what his stats and records would be like.

magic was 6'9 255 lbs. , he would have been very effective even in old age when he slows down a bit because of his size and could have moved to the forward spot in his later years no problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
                    magic johnson is the best ever.

who the fuck cares about jordan and lebron?

only stupid bulls fans because when jordan played was the only time the bulls mattered and cavaliers fans......well......because what else is there to care about in cleveland?

whenever this topic ever comes up on who's the best ever , i think about one thing.

in 1980 as a ROOKIE magic johnson won the nba finals mvp.

when kareem got hurt and couldn't play , magic played center and had 42 points , 15 rebounds , 7 assists and 3 steals. that's as a ROOKIE.

if magic's career wasn't cut short , i can only imagine what his stats and records would be like.

magic was 6'9 255 lbs. , he would have been very effective even in old age when he slows down a bit because of his size and could have moved to the forward spot in his later years no problem.
                    I would have loved to see how magic's career would have ended up in the mid/late 90's. I wonder how he would have changed his style. too bad.

but still, Lebron's potential>Jordan>Magic.

Comment

Working...
                    X