No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kessler To Froch: Don't Worry, I'll Beat You Again

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
    Dawson also beat Tomasz Adamek, remember.
    You got me there

Comment

Great, make this fight happen.

Comment

Kessie ain't going to England

Kessler talks more than he fights. Kessie ain't going to Nottingham to fight Froch. It's debatable if Kessie even won the first Froch fight. Kessler fights the easy fights and takes the road well paved. Just a danish cream puff kessie is.

Comment

Originally posted by SlimTim View Post
          Maybe it's the way Froch conducts himself with the media. When the guy talks he catches peoples' attention. Ward however is about as boring with a mic as Kendall Holt vs Mike Aranotis. Sure, Ward has fought great opposition, but his resume is not quite as impressive as Carl's, other than beating the man himself. Ever since he dominated Kessler Ward was the new favorite of everyone to win the tournament. He was not anywhere close to an underdog or even money in any of his fights since.

I guess you can make the case that Taylor was done after the first Pavlik fight but I don't agree. Taylor followed it with a close points loss that could have gone either way, when most were predicting Pavlik to finish him earlier next time around. He then utterly dominated Jeff Lacey who was coming off of a clear win over Peter Manfredo. I would contend that it was Froch who finished Taylor's career as a world class fighter as he was never the same after Carl came from behind to pull the upset.

Now I agree that Dirrell probably deserved the nod against Froch but that fight had plenty of close rounds and was very difficult to score. However I felt Froch easily outpointed Kessler 117-111 on my card, but again, that fight was full of close rounds.

I personally feel that you have to give Froch more credit for what he did against Bute than Ward for what he did to Dawson because Ward was expected to win that fight and Froch once again pulled an upset. I don't think it's fair to say that Dawson is a better fighter than Bute either because other than a win over 47 year old Hopkins there is nothing on his resume to contend that
          I didn't say Ward wasn't the favorite. However, the way Froch is talked about on these forums makes it sound as is if he is still the one that is undefeated and won the Super Six. Again I don't understand it.

As for the second Taylor-Pavlik fight is concerned Kelly threw almost twice as many punches and landed close to 100 more. One judge gave him nine rounds and one gave him eight rounds and it was a UD. And honestly I don't see how anyone could think it was close. I was also personally shocked that Pavlik easily out boxed Taylor, I didn't see that coming. I also would not bring up the fact that Lacy beat a club fighter from Rhode Island to prove that he wasn't done. And I really thought Lacy was for real until Joe broke him.

As far as the Kessler-Froch fight is concerned. I don't think it was a 117-111 fight either way. But with little doubt I was still able to easily score the fight for Kessler. And considering how his career was turned upside down after his lose to Joe. He then got spanked by Ward and that says a lot to me that he was then able to easily beat Froch.

As far as Bute and Dawson are concerned. In my opinion the only thing that is debatable is who is the more overrated fighter. I will also say that I really believed that Bute was for real and I was wrong. But then again its not really debatable because even at 47 Bhop is better then anyone on Bute's resume. Sad Chad also easily beat Adamek back in the day. And come to think of it at 40 even Antonio Tarver is better then anyone on Bute's resume. So as I said it is not really all that debatable.

I also honestly don't remember anyone but myself and a very small minority of fans thinking that Bute was for real. What I do recall was a large majority of the fans on the forum that actually believed Bute to be way overrated. And thought that someone like Froch would easily beat him when he stepped up. Therefore I don't believe that the result of the fight was such a shocker and it was more of a "I told you so" attitude with most fans. Obiously they were right and I was wrong.

In the end Ward dominated a fighter Froch lost to in Kessler and then Ward dominated Froch. Ward then beats not only a a alphabet belt holder but also the Ring champion in the LH division and yet that still doesn't seem to be enough. I guess when Ward rematches Froch and easily dominates him and makes him look amateurish once again. He will finally get the credit that I feel that he deserves.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeMack View Post
            Kessler talks more than he fights. Kessie ain't going to Nottingham to fight Froch. It's debatable if Kessie even won the first Froch fight. Kessler fights the easy fights and takes the road well paved. Just a danish cream puff kessie is.
            yup and you are?

Comment

Kessler is a cream puff filled with soft gooey icing

Kessler seeks the easy way out his whole career. Kessie doesn't want tough fights and is thought of world wide as a soft Danish wimp. Most fans laugh as kessler and his attempts to avoid tough rematches like Ward and Froch. Kessler is too feminine and soft inside to amount to anything.

Comment

Working...
              X