Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sergio Martinez proves NSB members sparring theory

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know about Zaghe not sparring much but I also heard that Roy didn't used to spark much either.

Comment

Originally posted by pesticid View Post
      I know about Zaghe not sparring much but I also heard that Roy didn't used to spark much either.
      Didn't know that about Roy, Juan Manuel Marquez doesn't do a lot of sparring either... or well Hard Sparring, his skills are to much for many of his sparring parterns, so he doesn't receive lots of punishment during sparring, and look at him now 39, and still going strong.

Comment

I guess if you have been for a long time it would make sense. What I was really intrigued about is when his coach said that they do it so that Sergio will be hungry to Box on fight night and that makes a lot of sense.

Comment

Originally posted by johncods View Post
          I guess if you have been for a long time it would make sense. What I was really intrigued about is when his coach said that they do it so that Sergio will be hungry to Box on fight night and that makes a lot of sense.
          In México sparring is always hard, punching with everything you got, slugging it out, I have never liked that aspect of sparring in México, many fighters left their fight in the gym, and are depleted by fight night, and this daily gym wars take years of your boxing career.

And about Sergio's hunger, well he will need it, because Dinero de Vaca is going to tax that ass!

Comment

Originally posted by ksan View Post
            In México sparring is always hard, punching with everything you got, slugging it out, I have never liked that aspect of sparring in México, many fighters left their fight in the gym, and are depleted by fight night, and this daily gym wars take years of your boxing career.

And about Sergio's hunger, well he will need it, because Dinero de Vaca is going to tax that ass!
            that makes sense. but no, vaca is going to get slaughtered saturday. willing to bet all your points on it?

who's the chick in your sig btw?

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
              Headgear doesn't protect you from the power of someone's punch, or from being hurt. Headgear is to protect from cuts, like from headbutts, and just cuts in general. It can also protect you from getting bruises.

That's a mistake people do, they think headgear is like some kind of video game cheat code where you're head is protected from being hurt. Wrong, it still hurts the same with or without it. You're just protected from cuts and bruises. I was told this years ago from some old guys at a boxing gym in the Bronx[not the video game analogy].
              this ^

and IMO, headgear attracts more brain damage than no headgear. It slows down your head movement and you can sometimes lose sight of your opponent when you try keep a low chin so you end up walking onto shots you would normally evade.

Comment

Working...
              X