Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thomas Hearns, Emanuel Steward List Their Ten Greatest Fighters Of All-Time

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With regard to Stewart's list, it's odd to see someone knowledgeable enough to list Langford to also ignore Greb.

I can't buy a top 5 without Greb.

Comment

Originally posted by SBleeder View Post
      With regard to Stewart's list, it's odd to see someone knowledgeable enough to list Langford to also ignore Greb.

I can't buy a top 5 without Greb.
      I'm not sure these guys made an actual list with any research behind it. More of a spur of the moment answer to the question being asked.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
        I'm not sure these guys made an actual list with any research behind it. More of a spur of the moment answer to the question being asked.
        That's what I was thinking. Since there is no source shown, for all we know it could even have been at a party after a few drinks.

Comment

Originally posted by Hands of Iron View Post
          Definitely.

In fact, I think Hearns probably beats Ray 9/10 times over 12 rounds. That's what I've said before, but as I think about it that may be way over the top for the simple fact that in a 12-round fight, SRL would know how much time beforehand he has left to - inevitably - come from behind and stop Tommy. He took him into deep waters, but had him hurt and wobbled in the mid-rounds prior to that. I'm tending to think he turns up the gas a lot sooner over 12.
          It's up for debate that's for certain. However it was his legs that looked unsteady late in the Leonard fight, his wobbliness was not truly a case of actually being tagged with very hard shots (until the final two rounds.), nothing out of the ordinary anyway. Over 12 he's not going to have the slight stamina deficiency he suffered from.

Comment

Hearns has lost his marbles.

Comment

Working...
            X