Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which fight was more disgusting, Agbeko-Mares or Lara-Williams?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They were both disgusting to the loser.

Comment

I have to go with the Mares Agbeko fight,had to fight two people in the ring and was fouled to no end in this fight..It was worse to watch then the Pwilly fight..

Comment

IMO the Punisher-Lara was worse. That fight was thoroughly one sided shelaking, period. People claim Agbeko was fighting 2 men. Under that same standard I say Lara was fighting more. The Punisher & the judges.

I felt that Mares strayed low a few times, but not as much as showtime claimed. Most of the replays showed the blows on the belt line. Mares was winning regardless. Deduct a point from Mares & he still won in my opinion.

There is no way that the Punisher beat Lara, IMO. This is coming from a real Punisher fan too.

Comment

Every boxer takes the chance of getting a bad decision if they dont stop their opponent, so I can accept that even though it still sucks. Biased refereeing is unacceptable.

Comment

They are evenly disgusting in different ways. Lara was completely and indisputably robbed of a win he deserved. Mares deserved the decision, he fought a good fight, but there is no way to know how that fight goes if Mora was so incompetent/corrupt. Maybe Agbeko would have won.

They are equally horrible for different reasons.

Comment

Lara was robbed but everyone thinks he won anyway, that has to hurt less than getting punched in the balls for 30 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by AKATheMack View Post
                Every boxer takes the chance of getting a bad decision if they dont stop their opponent, so I can accept that even though it still sucks. Biased refereeing is unacceptable.
                I totally agree with this post...

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
                  Lara... that was a blatant robbery

the mares agbeko fight was just Mares getting favored and not calling Low Blows

Mares was still up on points IMO despite the low blow knockdown.
                  I guess you can argue Agbeko would've done better with out the low blows and would've possibly of taken the win.

I think Mares would of won regardless ..
                  If the biased ref would of taked points like he was supposed to and not counted the stupid KD in the 11th, agbeko or what ever would of won

Comment

Originally posted by SUPREME. View Post
                    After Lara-Williams I didn't think something would top it for a long time, and then I see Agbeko-Mares and I start to lose faith in boxing.

Mora was obviously paid off.
                    Agbeko-Mares, clearly for me. Lara-Williams was based on the judges and opinions based on their point of view, literally, much of what they saw could've depended on where they sat and the angle of a given sequence....I'm not defending it (much less for all 3 judges), but it's more realistic than a referee standing in the ring, in front of the fighters. A referee who moves with the fighters allowing him any and all angles of the fight, one who has the best ticket in the house. 2ndly, Lara-Williams was a bit of an illusion in itself; Williams threw a good 1000 punches, landing about as much as Lara had (200/1047 for Williams to 224/530 for Lara). Williams appeared and was the busier fighter. Although Lara did land the harder, cleaner shots, with only a 24 punch landing gap between the two, one could imagine how a judge might give the fight to Williams. Agbeko-Mares unfortunately can't be judged to that extent because there was a fighter in the ring constantly fouling his opponent. These blows take a toll on a fighter. Mora, I think, warned Mares once, after what may have been 7 low blows and refused to take a single point away from Mares afterwards. If you account for a warning, a point deduction, and no knockdown in the 11th, you have a totally different fight on your hands - you have a Fight of the Year candidate. What was a great fight turned out to be quite a disappointment, when it shouldn't have been.

Comment

Mares vs Agbeko was the worst. After what just happened and the Williams-Lara decision I think fighters and their trainers are really going to be critical of the referee and judges selected for upcoming fights.

Comment

Working...
                      X