No announcement yet.

Out of season training

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Out of season training

My boxing season is due to end at the end of may and I want to take full advantage of the off season so that when I return in September I am sharp and fit.

What training regimes do you put in place during the off season? I was planning on endurance running four times a week and also fitting in interval running.

I'm also planning on going gym four times a week and I was planning on making my routine all to do with strength and conditioning. I will do my normal boxing circuit training but what should i be adding to my regime in regards to improving strength?

why you takin the summer off

Comment

Our boxing club closes between from end of may to start of september.

In the UK the boxing season runs from Sep to May.

Comment

I'm looking to do the same thing. I had six bouts this season and Im looking to get alot stronger and fitter in the next 4-5 months ready for next season. I've not been doing much road work at the moment but I've been busy with g.c.s.e s, but I've been doing alot of circuit training and gym work.

Comment

Rocky, Im the same mate not done a lot of roadwork at all, i average about 3 miles a week running. Im gonna make sure that I do 30 minutes running 3 times a week at the gym and then do interval running once a week.

As much as im gonna miss boxing im looking forward to getting alot stronger and fitter during the summer period.

Comment

Out of Season

Increase your running, increase your strength training. If at all possible spar to keep your reflexes sharp. Watch what you eat. Don't get fact.

Comment

Originally posted by barfly12 View Post
              Increase your running, increase your strength training. If at all possible spar to keep your reflexes sharp. Watch what you eat. Don't get fact.
              What sort of excercises should I be doing for strength training?

Comment

watching tv on the sofa.

Comment

seriously. you're concerned about staying fit and building up on the off season, and you have no clue on what to do in terms of just building strength? Just go to a regular gym. You don't have to. But It doesn't hurt.

Comment

Out of season???!!!

lol wtf u thinkin?!!! u are not in the nba,mlb or nhl etc.. so there is no off season 4u u ****..

Comment

Working...
                    X