Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roach: If We're Gonna Stay in Boxing, Manny Must Fight Crawford!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Roach: If We're Gonna Stay in Boxing, Manny Must Fight Crawford!

NEW YORK Freddie Roach believes there's no better time than the present for Manny Pacquiao to fight Terence Crawford. Pacquiao's Hall-of-Fame trainer previously has indicated that Crawford's style wasn't quite right for the Filipino superstar. Now that Bob Arum, whose Top Rank Inc. promotes Pacquiao and Crawford, wants to make a Pacquiao-Crawford fight, Roach seems confident his fighter is ready to encounter Crawford.
    [Click Here To Read More]

this can be taken 2 ways

pac-pups: YEA! MANNY WILL FIGHT ANYBODY

non pac-pups: just retire already

Comment

Wouldn't surprise me if Pac retired again before fighting Crawford.....Roach have eyes, he don't want that fight for Manny. And Arum is going build his next PPV star off the bones of Pac.....ain't no love in this game.

Comment

“Manny will fight anybody,” Roach said. “Obviously, we thought we could get Mayweather again. That’s the fight he wants most because he’s 100-percent healthy and he feels good. But I’m sure if Crawford came to the table, I mean Manny, I’ll bet he’s never seen Crawford fight. Because Triple-G [Gennady Golovkin] came in the gym and wanted to take a picture with Manny. They took a picture in the ring and as I’m gloving him up in the ring and so forth, he said, ‘Freddie, who’s that guy?’ I said, ‘What guy?’ He said, ‘The guy I took a picture with.’ I said, ‘That’s Triple-G.’ I said, ‘You don’t know him?’ He said, ‘No. Is he a fighter?’
        People say Floyd acts like he doesn't know other fighters. Khan couldn't recall Spence's name when he was saying Kell should fight his mandatory. If these fighters don't know other fighters why the hell do we think casual fans know them?

Comment

GGG is on a 23 fight knockout streak and Manny doesn't know him.. well damn. I guess Floyd wasn't lying when he said he didn't know who Ron Derousey was.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
            People say Floyd acts like he doesn't know other fighters. Khan couldn't recall Spence's name when he was saying Kell should fight his mandatory. If these fighters don't know other fighters why the hell do we think casual fans know them?
            Exactly! But there are some that swear that casuals know Triple G and will make a ppv against Alvarez a 2 million ppv buys event. Then again...Roach sometimes comes off as a serial liar.

Comment

Can't wait until Roach responds to Arum's comments: "I never even took to the fight to Crawford...Crawford never asked for $7 million, etc." Top Rank is like a reality show! Real Housewives of the Philippines!

Comment

Roach,Pac and Arum are the biggest liars in boxing!!

Comment

Problem is Arum can't even talk to Crawford's trainer/manager. He's a tough talking thug who disrespects anyone he doesn't trust. You've seen him in videos and I don't think he would just say yes to anything Arum offers.

Comment

So much talk about the fight and yet it's not happening.

First Arum told Roach Crawford priced himself out.
                    Then they say Pacquiao wants guaranteed 20 million.
                    Jeff Horns name comes out of nowhere as a pac opponent.
                    Crawford then says the 7 million is BS.
                    Arum comes out and says money hasn't been discussed and fight hasn't been talked about.

This reminds me too much of the Mayweather Pacquiao situation in 2009.

Comment

Working...
                    X