Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

honestly, the UK is the creme del a creme of boxing right now...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SELFISH BASTARD View Post
    stop..

In the stream i was watching a lot of guys were going on about Darren Baker and saying he could possibly be world champ. Is he that good? i know he got injured and i never followed him before that
    "Dazzling" (yeah, right) Darren Barker is really average.

Not the goods, IMO. But MW is very weak ATM, so, who knows, maybe he'll cop a strap if it doesn't pick up.

Comment

stop..

In the stream i was watching a lot of guys were going on about Darren Baker and saying he could possibly be world champ. Is he that good? i know he got injured and i never followed him before that
      I like him, but I'm not sure whether he's 'the man to beat in the middleweight division' like McKenzie said. He'll probably fall short of top world level but he will beat Macklin imo.

Comment

Comment

Khan and Froch are elite...

Cleverly IMO is also very good not quite elite but to me his more of a contender than a prospect now

Brook, DeGale, and Groves are the best prospect out of the U.K right now.

Really the U.K is doing alright not bad shape at all.

Is a shame that Haye is really a joke. I thought he was elite and could of done something. If he would of just went to Adamek approach and kept his mouth shut he would be pretty respected. But, him talking all that mess and ducking is just ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
            Is a shame that Haye is really a joke. I thought he was elite and could of done something. If he would of just went to Adamek approach and kept his mouth shut he would be pretty respected. But, him talking all that mess and ducking is just ridiculous.
            Haye isn't ducking, the Klits are expecting half the UK tv money.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN IN WHITE View Post
              "Dazzling" (yeah, right) Darren Barker is really average.

Not the goods, IMO. But MW is very weak ATM, so, who knows, maybe he'll cop a strap if it doesn't pick up.
              It is weak but I think it is starting to pick up. You have a Martinez(granted he is 35), still have P-Will, then the Eastern European invasion with Korobov, Pirog, Govolkin(all pretty good IMO), Lemiux...

ATM is weak but in a year or so I think it will be a pretty good division.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                Haye isn't ducking, the Klits are expecting half the UK tv money.
                The K-bros are offering 50/50 on everything... That is a pretty good deal bro.

After all the crap that Haye he should have taken that deal. He is pretty much ducking and is becoming a joke bro.

Comment

We are doing well to be fair and we've got two (possibly three) fighters who can clean out their divisions in Khan, Froch and maybe Haye. Personally I can't wait until there's a new American 'superstar.' Like it or not, the best and biggest in terms of popularity were American. Imagine a fighter with Mayweathers ability and Froch's desire to be the best! The best thing about boxing is that its one of the only sport where race and nationality don't come into peoples opinion. Mayweathers my favourite boxer at the moment. I don't understand this view that Britains doing best

Comment

just want you to now this thread has nothing to do with race.......

its purely about the mindset of the UK fighters i guess

UK >>>>>> the solar system

Comment

stop..

Anyone else upset that Froch has probably the greatest resume of a British fighter to win a world title of the last say 10-15 years..

But only boxing fans know who he is in the uk?

There is no one in boxing who has had a better 5 fight resume than Carl Froch.

He is the best boxer, that no one knows.

Comment

Working...
                      X