• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt Hughes vs Thiago Alves @ UFC 85

UFC 85 Main Event: Matt Hughes vs. Thiago Alves
    By Nick Thomas
    Posted on Fri Apr 25, 2008 at 02:42:47 PM EDT

According to matt-hughes.com:

June 7th, in England, I fight Thiago Alves. The fight is confirmed, it will be the main event for the card. Dana just called me with the news. Chuck got hurt and couldn't fight, so he needed a replacement and called me and I said yes. More news as I get it. No matter what happens in this fight, I've got Serra next.

Should be a good fight but when he fights Serra I hope the terror ****s him up.

Comment

I gotta go with Hughes on this one but Alves does have a punchers chance.

Comment

Hughes is probably accepting this fight probably because the UFC are definitely guaranteeing him the Serra fight later this year. But Hughes will win this fight because Alves didn't really impress me against Karo. Hughes by TKO/submission.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian13 View Post
          Hughes is probably accepting this fight probably because the UFC are definitely guaranteeing him the Serra fight later this year. But Hughes will win this fight because Alves didn't really impress me against Karo. Hughes by TKO/submission.
          that ko was sweet but everything else....ya ur right.

Comment

I would have rather seen a Hughes vs. Kos match up.

Wrestler vs. Wrestler

Comment

good fight!

Comment

hope Alves is working on his Sprawl, other wise i see Hughes winning by a Lay and Pray like he did against Lyttle.

Comment

Originally posted by Palma View Post
                  I would have rather seen a Hughes vs. Kos match up.

Wrestler vs. Wrestler
                  That wouldln't be as interesting because it would basically just be a wrestling fight and see who can outlast and outwork the other opponents so its just a test of style in that one. I would rather have seen Hughes vs Serra right away because your risking the popularity potential that the fight would have. If Hughes were to lose to Alves which I don't think will happen but you never know, it is not going to be as exciting to watch Hughes vs Serra knowing Hughes just lost his latest few fights. It would be similiar to Liddell vs Silva in that both came off loses and would've been more intersting to see the belt on the line

Comment

gsp vs serra wws a wnoooooo;e didrenent theing, Sear will retiere Hughs HOPEFULLLY

Comment

Working...
                    X